The Student Room Group

Land Law Unregistered Land help!!!

Hello,
Could anyone help me understand how to answer this question (give me a plan), my lecturer has not explained the process of how to answer problem style questions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jRyan_w
Hello,
Could anyone help me understand how to answer this question (give me a plan), my lecturer is useless & has not explained the process of how to answer problem style questions.

The owners of a freehold title, granted a neighbour the right to install, operate and maintain a pipe under the land, for a consideration of £10,000- the land was reduced to a signed Deed dated 2.5.98 (when the agreement was made)

Thanks!!

Hello, have you gotten help to this? You can use the IRAC method. I will explain more if you are yet to know how to answer the question.
Original post by Gathu
Hello, have you gotten help to this? You can use the IRAC method. I will explain more if you are yet to know how to answer the question.

Hi thank you for your reply!

Yeah, that would be great- id appreciate it so much if you would explain your method please?

Thanks again!
I agree. The IRAC method is the best way of answering a legal 'problem' question. Issue, Rule, Application, Conclusion.

State the issue i.e.legal 'problem' you are dealing with , then state the Rule (the law - case or legislation) you need to resolve the problem. Apply that rule by reference to the specific facts of the question. Finally state your conclusion. You may need to do this several times in your answer.

Have you provided the complete question/ facts? It's difficult to work out what is being asked here (i.e. the issue!)

Amanda Grant a.k.a. Bitesizelaw (private tutor Leicester. Find me on LinkedIn)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bitesizelaw
I agree. The IRAC method is the best way of answering a legal 'problem' question. Issue, Rule, Application, Conclusion.

State the issue i.e.legal 'problem' you are dealing with , then state the Rule (the law - case or legislation) you need to resolve the problem. Apply that rule by reference to the specific facts of the question. Finally state your conclusion. You may need to do this several times in your answer.

Have you provided the complete question/ facts? It's difficult to work out what is being asked here (i.e. the issue!)

Hi Thank you so much for your reply! Really helpful :smile:

In regards to the question, it basically involves us working out if unregistered third party rights are enforceable, against the purchaser of the land (who have a freehold title)

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending