The Student Room Group

Giving up

Spoiler

I find myself struggle every day to get out of bed just to attend classes, I was diagnosed with depression and a few days earlier I was also diagnosed with a neural dysfunction {could be due to diabetes I'm still waiting for the results :frown: }in my right hand and I might lose ability to sense and move my fingers so that kinda added to the original problem, now the issue here I don't know what to do after dropping out! everything I'm interested in involves the usage of my hands and I don't want to risk losing something I've grown to love due to my dysfunction! is there any possibility I'd ever know the answer!
(edited 6 years ago)
Go to a room alone, or sit yourself out in a closet. Listen to some motivational/Piano music and ask yourself this:*What is the one thing that you would do all day without any kind of reward? *What is that one thing that will make you feel boundless while you're doing it?*Have you found it yet?*What must I do to Discover that?Everyone has something truly gifted within themselves. All you need to do is discover it all by yourself. You will surely have something that you would love to do all your life. Something that will make you feel powerful and very much satisfied.All you have to do is keep looking. You will surely know with all your heart when you find it.Plan accordingly so that you go after it with all your will power.Try to know more about your problem with your hand. There will be a way out. Just don't give up.Remember: Never. Settle.
Reply 2
well, until highschool i used to play piano and i also used to draw a lot and i actually considered going to art school back then, but that was when my symptoms appeared and i was told to take a break and stop overdoing it
Reply 3
Original post by Killstreak009
Go to a room alone, or sit yourself out in a closet. Listen to some motivational/Piano music and ask yourself this:*What is the one thing that you would do all day without any kind of reward? *What is that one thing that will make you feel boundless while you're doing it?*Have you found it yet?*What must I do to Discover that?Everyone has something truly gifted within themselves. All you need to do is discover it all by yourself. You will surely have something that you would love to do all your life. Something that will make you feel powerful and very much satisfied.All you have to do is keep looking. You will surely know with all your heart when you find it.Plan accordingly so that you go after it with all your willpower.Try to know more about your problem with your hand. There will be a way out. Just don't give up.Remember: Never. Settle.

THANK YOU for real, i really felt good reading this, because every time i talk to someone about i hear the same " you've made it to the second year why not complete it all " but that's the whole point!
Reply 4
Talk to your university & pastoral care team, you might benefit from a year out on health break to sort everything out and then can come back in with a different mindset.

You have lots of other non-medicine things to focus on and I’d do that and then reconsider. Don’t drop out, take a year break and then see how you feel
Reply 5
it's either peds or general surgery
Reply 6
Original post by ahorey
Talk to your university & pastoral care team, you might benefit from a year out on health break to sort everything out and then can come back in with a different mindset.

You have lots of other non-medicine things to focus on and I’d do that and then reconsider. Don’t drop out, take a year break and then see how you feel

I talked to my advisor today about it and she thought the same too, so I'll probably talk about this option with my family as well and then I'll decide.
Thank you.

Quick Reply