The Student Room Group
Why not go to the cinema and watch a film, making sure you see the trailers? That way you'll get ideas. There's also loads on the internet- try going onto the website for films such as Golden Compass, they'll have downloadable trailers and stuff.
Haha yeah i did this at a2 aswell,

Ours had to be a horror chase scene.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=miqr3Tkb00M

I dont think the music goes with it, but it was done in groups and the others wanted it, although the heartbeat thing was my idea lol :P

Edit: Actually this aint the trailer lol, this was what we did beforehand, i havent got the trailer on youtube :/
Hmmmm well generally a good trailer will get the auidience hooked without giving anythign away. (unlike some crap ones i've seen recently where i got the whole story!)

as for ideas brainstorm, start by writing down genres. then write down things you associate with that genre. then see if you can put any of them together to come up with a basic story. after you've done that try and get an idea of what your film would be like. write diown what the key moments would be. then you have something to include in your trailer. which is probably best done with choppy editing.

no idea if that helps?
Reply 4
When we did our mock just before the actual coursework we did a brainstorm of different emotions and came up with a story linked to that.
Reply 5
We had to produce either a music vid or a documentary extract, I chose the latter and it came out quite well, though it's more of a mockumentary than doc. Made a short film in film studies, but I don't have a copy of that and I wasn't overly happy with it.

OP who are your favourite directors? Start from there so at least you have some knowledge of themes.
Reply 6
Our A2 course is all written :frown:
Reply 7
Bear_Grylls
Haha yeah i did this at a2 aswell,

Ours had to be a horror chase scene.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=miqr3Tkb00M

I dont think the music goes with it, but it was done in groups and the others wanted it, although the heartbeat thing was my idea lol :P

Edit: Actually this aint the trailer lol, this was what we did beforehand, i havent got the trailer on youtube :/

Haha, that's probably the most ill-appropriate music you could've chosen for a horror chase scene. At least a song like "I Will Survive" would've had some relevancy.
Reply 8
staffygirl2
If anyone has done media studies at a levl before or produced short films. I need to create two film trailers for media studies, They can be any genre, any story, just as long as it is not a thriller. Any ideas please, as I haven't exactly got the creative juices flowing just yet.:confused:

Our exam board only gives us a practical production in our first year, but I would say that horror would be the easiest one to do. Go to http://www.apple.com/trailers/, watch them and see the style. I say it's the easiest because the conventions are pretty standard, and you've got something more concrete to work with.
Having said that I hope that they don't class thriller/horror together.
If they do, I'd say a romance.
By process of elimination:
Sci-fi is not a practical option
Comedy could easily fail and be not funny
Fantasy/hero adventures - same as sci fi.
With romance you won't have to worry about special equipment or technical things (not so much anyway).
Umm so yeah let me know which option would be the most feasable and I can try and give you some ideas (idk I may not have any more than you)
I think the music accompanying the trailer is very important,classical pieces are very powerful.
Most people did the boring 'horror' or 'thriller' stuff emulating films such as Scream or the Excorcist.

We were open to decide a short film or a trailer in any genre, anything.

I did an experimental project. I compared the music genres of Hip-Hop and Rock in the underground scene in the town where I lived. Everyone was like: "WTF why not do a horror mate! LOL. You're gonna fail dats so random"

It was original. It applied media theory. It didnt 'cool' factor as some of the others projects. I got the marks of 118/120. Don't follow the crowd.
Reply 12

The simpsons movie but use real people :smile:
Reply 13
Hey guys I'm new to this site anyways i'm creatinga classic gangster trailer but for the action sequencing im stuck on choice of music my choice so far is ten million slaves by otis taylor give me sum ideas plz coz music is the most important part of the trailer

Latest

Trending

Trending