The Student Room Group

Year 11 help - very behind, mocks in 2 weeks

(I want to point out advice for actual GCSE's [May time] will me more valuable to me than for mocks considering how close they are (I know it's never too late - I will still be revising as much as I can), however I am looking for both GCSE and mock advice) (I'm not stressed, just looking for really good tips for someone who left a lot of the work for last minute but is aiming quite high)

I'm currently in Year 11, really behind in every subject - Chemistry and History - especially, and aiming for grades 7/8 while having only 6's in every subject. Except maths (current:8 aim: 8/9), history (current: 4/5) and English (current: 5 [6 at a push]). Hopefully that makes sense.

I am also missing a lot of my notes - I'll try to focus on that over Christmas so I have something for the May exams but there is no hope for having them for every subject in 2 weeks.

Subjects I'm taking: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Food Preparation And Nutrition, Psychology, History, Maths, English lit + language. (mostly AQA exam board but Edexcel in Maths, OCR for History and some other one for Nutrition)

I'm mainly looking for how to write a perfect grade history essay (since my best is a grade 6 essay even with my notes).
In addition, I want to know how you revise for science (and other subjects) as well as any things you learnt when establishing that technique.

I want to study Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A-level (probably not physics even though my dad wants me to).
I just need general advice on the quickest way of catching up with everything and revising efficiently. Thanks in advance..
Original post by cherrymartyna
I just need general advice on the quickest way of catching up with everything and revising efficiently. Thanks in advance..

guys I really need help:/
get a revision guide, copy down the relevant notes to revision cards, recite every hour.

And stop procastinating start revising

Quick Reply

Latest