Heroes of Might and Magic Watch

Poll: Favorite game in the main series?
Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest (0)
0%
Heroes of Might and Magic II (0)
0%
Heroes of Might and Magic III (1)
100%
Heroes of Might and Magic IV (0)
0%
Heroes of Might and Magic V (0)
0%
Might & Magic Heroes VI (0)
0%
Might & Magic Heroes VII (0)
0%
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone else here play any of the Heroes of Might and Magic / Might & Magic: Heroes games? And if so, which is your favourite? I've spammed this question enough in other people's AMA threads over the years... time for a definitive poll! :p:

(Cover for the first game)

For me, it has to be HoMM3 - so many different towns and creatures, eight in the core game, nine with expansions. Compare that with HoMM4's six. :no: I like the 2D map with its board game look and feel, and again, 3 offers so many more buildings to visit on the maps than any other. And it comes with an amazing map editor that lets you make your own. :coma: The campaigns are great too. I'll admit, it was the version I grew up playing, so there's a huge amount of nostalgia attached. There are balance issues that mean it's not perfect. But, it's just so much 'bigger' than the games that came before and (sadly) after it.

(Rampart from HoMM3)

2nd place is close between HoMM2, which is just a little bit more basic but has most of the same features I loved from 3, and HoMM5, which has the lovely 3D towns and (IMO) the best music.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:tumble: Not a popular franchise? For anyone who is interested in checking it out/expanding their collection, however, the first five games are on sale as a bundle on GOG right now. :yay:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20171121_b...ay_homm_bundle
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Clash of Heroes <3

Totally different formula from the rest of the games IIRC, but my god it was good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.66%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (100)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed