The Student Room Group

Questions asked in prefect interviews

What questions do they ask in prefect interviews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you want to be a prefect

What qualities do you have that will make you a good prefect ?

Probably problem based scenario questions , and you might be asked what you’ll do in that situation

Tbh I’ve been there and done it and imo be yourself
The questions are there to test your communication skills and how confident you are. They might give you a question like why you want to be a prefect but they can also ask questions like 'How can you involve the entire school to host an event?' Just don't panic and good luck :wink:
Reply 3
Thank you so much
Not sure about questions but if they ask you what your weakness is never give them your weakness tell them a strength you need to work on. "A strength I need to work on is (insert).
Reply 5
Thank you
Reply 6
I had my prefect interview last year and got chosen to be a prefect. I got asked:

What is your biggest strength and weakness and why?
What was your biggest accomplishment in school and why?
Why are you applying to be a prefect?
If you saw a group of students littering, what would you do?
If you had to give a tour to a new student, what part of the school would you show them first and why?
Have you done any work experience / volunteering outside of school?

It was mainly a conversation rather than an interview. I didn't think I would get picked though because I couldn't stop coughing and my head of year kept asking me if I was alright lol :smile:
they like to put you on the spot my asking a few sanareo questions
due to your chosen subject e.g mine was sports captain so they asked questions on issuing detentions and suspensions due to drug related incidences
What kind of questions do they ask for the role of senior prefect
I am so not ready for my intervi
Im so nervous monday is my prefect interview pls give me some tips
In our interviews, we had two parts.

Part A, they ask about being a prefect. Questions that may arise include: Why do you want to be a prefect? What's a good prefect? What responsibilities do you think you will hold as a prefect?

Part B, for us anyway, was all about you. They asked questions about what you do in your free time, if you had a time machine what time would you go back to, and a lot more questions is know more about you.
Reply 13
Original post by bryan_gan_542
Im so nervous monday is my prefect interview pls give me some tips

Be genuine , be what you are and that will help you be in a comfortable state of mind ,which will therefore help you sound confident. And leave the rest on almighty. All the best.
Reply 14
sad
My interview will come at a random date it could be today or even after two monthsNERVE WRECKING 😭
Original post by Nonditonorok
My interview will come at a random date it could be today or even after two monthsNERVE WRECKING 😭

Yeah I didn't know when my interview was going to be, either. I just randomly got a note during my lesson telling me to go to my head of year's office! The interview wasn't too bad though - more like a conversation.

Good luck :smile:
Tomorrow is my prefect interview on being a canteen prefect but I have no idea on wat questions would come
Original post by SK???
Why do you want to be a prefect

What qualities do you have that will make you a good prefect ?

Probably problem based scenario questions , and you might be asked what you’ll do in that situation

Tbh I’ve been there and done it and imo be yourself

What type of scenario question
Original post by Vickycat
What type of scenario question

They might ask what you'd do in some scenarios like:
- What would you do if you saw somebody littering?
- What would you do if you saw somebody getting bullied?
- What would you do if you saw somebody in your class cheating on a test?
- If you were giving a school tour to some parents, where is the first place in the school you'd show them?

Don't worry, it's unlikely you'll be asked loads of scenario questions. You'll maybe only be asked one or two depending on whether they seem relevant, but I don't know how the interviews work in your school so it might be different. In my interview I got asked the scenario questions about littering and giving a school tour.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest