The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Night life/ social life—-help??

Hi, I’m deciding between Leeds And Loughborough, however obviously Leeds has a great night life etc as it’s a city
I was wondering if Loughborough also has a good night life as it’s only a town?
I know ur student union is great but are there good bars in the town etc
As I am a social person so would like to go somewhere that is social where I can make friends etc

Thank you
I know someone who goes to Loughborough and they said there isn't really much of a nightlife there :/ But when I went to the open day they said that it's a short train journey to Nottingham if that counts? I'd probably say Leeds has a better nightlife.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by angelcake218
I know someone who goes to Loughborough and they said there isn't really much of a nightlife there :/ But when I went to the open day they said that it's a short train journey to Nottingham if that counts? I'd probably say Leeds has a better nightlife.

Oh really, it’s didficult as I hear mixed reviews. As people say there’s quite a few clubs and bars in town and the SU. I do think I prefer Loughborough right now due to the course and the entry requirements are slightly lower, so Not sure what to do ah
Original post by oliviatalia
Oh really, it’s didficult as I hear mixed reviews. As people say there’s quite a few clubs and bars in town and the SU. I do think I prefer Loughborough right now due to the course and the entry requirements are slightly lower, so Not sure what to do ah

Hey, As an actual Loughborough student I can tell you I have never really heard people complain about the nightlife in Loughborough, unless they were the type of person to be out most nights of the week. Even then they would normally then just want to mix it up a little and since both Nottingham and Leicester are so close that was quite easy.

I wouldn't worry about the nightlife too much as most people once they get to Loughborough realise there is rather a lot to do for a town this size.

Goodluck :smile:
Original post by PenguinEmperor
Hey, As an actual Loughborough student I can tell you I have never really heard people complain about the nightlife in Loughborough, unless they were the type of person to be out most nights of the week. Even then they would normally then just want to mix it up a little and since both Nottingham and Leicester are so close that was quite easy.

I wouldn't worry about the nightlife too much as most people once they get to Loughborough realise there is rather a lot to do for a town this size.

Goodluck :smile:

Great thanks!
Also would you say the social life was good? As I’m quite a social person and want to make lots of new friends haha
Do you ever go to pubs with your friends in town etc?

Kind regards
Olivia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending