The Student Room Group

My weight Loss thread

I want to get to 11 stone. If I get to 11 stone it will be a dream. I started at the gym today and I went on the cross trainer and the step up and burnt 500 calories. Im 17.3 stone and then I come home, weigh myself and find that im still 17.3 stone :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Themanreturn
I want to get to 11 stone. If I get to 11 stone it will be a dream. I started at the gym today and I went on the cross trainer and the step up and burnt 500 calories. Im 17.3 stone and then I come home, weigh myself and find that im still 17.3 stone :frown:

To burn a pound you need to burn 3500 calories. However if you burnt 500 calories a day that's a pound a week so it is getting you in the right direction
ok maybe yeah
Results don’t happen immediately, as long as you eat healthily aswell as exercise regularly you should lose weight.
Original post by Lowri.frncs
Results don’t happen immediately, as long as you eat healthily aswell as exercise regularly you should lose weight.

how long does it normally take
how long does it normally take

It depends on your metabolism really, hopefully a couple of months if you keep up this amount of exercise
I want to get to 11 stone and im 17.3
Is anybody actually going to support me on this thread?
someone answer

Your fingers must’ve burnt a lot of calories with the amount of crap you’ve been saying to people.
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Your fingers must’ve burnt a lot of calories with the amount of crap you’ve been saying to people.

Look. I don't want to be that way any more. I really want to change. Everybody is going on Squirrels thread but why not this one
Look. I don't want to be that way any more. I really want to change. Everybody is going on Squirrels thread but why not this one

Because unlike you, she’s a nice person and not mean to people. When are you planning on changing?
Because unlike you, she’s a nice person and not mean to people. When are you planning on changing?

Well Im not being mean now am I? And I am nice
Well Im not being mean now am I? And I am nice

I’m afraid your reputation is very poor as a result of your past actions. As for now, who knows how long you’ll remain nice for? You say you’re sorry and then proceed to be mean and rude again.
I’m afraid your reputation is very poor as a result of your past actions. As for now, who knows how long you’ll remain nice for? You say you’re sorry and then proceed to be mean and rude again.

Well I am sorry. I want to remain nice. I just get upset about things, i can't seem to control my emotions very well at the moment
Well I am sorry. I want to remain nice. I just get upset about things, i can't seem to control my emotions very well at the moment

In which case I suggest you go and visit a therapist or a counsellor who may be able to help with your anger issues.
In which case I suggest you go and visit a therapist or a counsellor who may be able to help with your anger issues.

I'm going to tomorrow but I don't want to be put on tablets
I'm going to tomorrow but I don't want to be put on tablets

That’s good to hear. They may have other methods to help (such as meditating or other techniques).
Yeah I know. I just want to stop feeling this way if im honest
Reply 19
The key to weight loss is consistency. You need to be in a calorie deficit. Google tdee calculator and this tells you your daily calories to maintain. Take off 500 calories and you will burn 1 pound per week. As you want to lose 6.3 stone that equals 88 pounds. So it would take 88 weeks to lose the weight. You could have a greater deficit and lose weight quicker. I would suggest logging food and exercise on myfitness pal and regularly weighing yourself to monitor progress.

Quick Reply