My weight Loss thread

Watch
Themanreturn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to get to 11 stone. If I get to 11 stone it will be a dream. I started at the gym today and I went on the cross trainer and the step up and burnt 500 calories. Im 17.3 stone and then I come home, weigh myself and find that im still 17.3 stone
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Themanreturn)
I want to get to 11 stone. If I get to 11 stone it will be a dream. I started at the gym today and I went on the cross trainer and the step up and burnt 500 calories. Im 17.3 stone and then I come home, weigh myself and find that im still 17.3 stone
To burn a pound you need to burn 3500 calories. However if you burnt 500 calories a day that's a pound a week so it is getting you in the right direction
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
ok maybe yeah
Paramedic goals
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Results don’t happen immediately, as long as you eat healthily aswell as exercise regularly you should lose weight.
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lowri.frncs)
Results don’t happen immediately, as long as you eat healthily aswell as exercise regularly you should lose weight.
how long does it normally take
Paramedic goals
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how long does it normally take
It depends on your metabolism really, hopefully a couple of months if you keep up this amount of exercise
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
I want to get to 11 stone and im 17.3
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
Is anybody actually going to support me on this thread?
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
someone answer
qasim-96
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your fingers must’ve burnt a lot of calories with the amount of crap you’ve been saying to people.
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
Your fingers must’ve burnt a lot of calories with the amount of crap you’ve been saying to people.
Look. I don't want to be that way any more. I really want to change. Everybody is going on Squirrels thread but why not this one
qasim-96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Look. I don't want to be that way any more. I really want to change. Everybody is going on Squirrels thread but why not this one
Because unlike you, she’s a nice person and not mean to people. When are you planning on changing?
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
Because unlike you, she’s a nice person and not mean to people. When are you planning on changing?
Well Im not being mean now am I? And I am nice
qasim-96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well Im not being mean now am I? And I am nice
I’m afraid your reputation is very poor as a result of your past actions. As for now, who knows how long you’ll remain nice for? You say you’re sorry and then proceed to be mean and rude again.
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
I’m afraid your reputation is very poor as a result of your past actions. As for now, who knows how long you’ll remain nice for? You say you’re sorry and then proceed to be mean and rude again.
Well I am sorry. I want to remain nice. I just get upset about things, i can't seem to control my emotions very well at the moment
qasim-96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well I am sorry. I want to remain nice. I just get upset about things, i can't seem to control my emotions very well at the moment
In which case I suggest you go and visit a therapist or a counsellor who may be able to help with your anger issues.
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
In which case I suggest you go and visit a therapist or a counsellor who may be able to help with your anger issues.
I'm going to tomorrow but I don't want to be put on tablets
qasim-96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm going to tomorrow but I don't want to be put on tablets
That’s good to hear. They may have other methods to help (such as meditating or other techniques).
Themanreturn
Rep:
?
Yeah I know. I just want to stop feeling this way if im honest
DOM26
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The key to weight loss is consistency. You need to be in a calorie deficit. Google tdee calculator and this tells you your daily calories to maintain. Take off 500 calories and you will burn 1 pound per week. As you want to lose 6.3 stone that equals 88 pounds. So it would take 88 weeks to lose the weight. You could have a greater deficit and lose weight quicker. I would suggest logging food and exercise on myfitness pal and regularly weighing yourself to monitor progress.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (17)
16.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.55%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.66%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
39.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
23.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.89%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads