Can I leave college and do an apprenticeship?

Watch
Jamiejames789
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have already gone through a lot.. I started with level 2 but then my secondary school rang me saying a passed meaning I could go onto level 3 courses which was done but was done wrongly and basically made me waste the first term of college doing nothing basically for 1 of the subjects.

Now slowly getting into my new subjects for the third time I am not sure I like it. Like I want to do an apprenticeship but I don't know how it works. Like I feel weird bringing this up to my personal supervisor because I have already been annoying her about my subjects literally everyday for the first term and now I don't want to do them.

So is it possible to like drop a subject and do an apprenticeship. I'm so confused
thirteenreasons
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to do an apprenticeship you would have to leave college. Most apprenticeships pay you as well as give you one GCSE or A-level at the end depending on what level you choose. There is a whole range that you can do, you can find most here;
http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk
If you are looking to go on to uni then you would need to stay in college and do three a-levels, but if you know what career you want and its offered in an apprenticeship then go for one!
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamiejames789)
I have already gone through a lot.. I started with level 2 but then my secondary school rang me saying a passed meaning I could go onto level 3 courses which was done but was done wrongly and basically made me waste the first term of college doing nothing basically for 1 of the subjects.

Now slowly getting into my new subjects for the third time I am not sure I like it. Like I want to do an apprenticeship but I don't know how it works. Like I feel weird bringing this up to my personal supervisor because I have already been annoying her about my subjects literally everyday for the first term and now I don't want to do them.

So is it possible to like drop a subject and do an apprenticeship. I'm so confused
Just tagging in
(Original post by University Centre Hastings)
x
and Apprenticeships Advice
Apprenticeships Advice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamiejames789)

Hey!

I'm assuming you're at full time college for your studies.

Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.

As an apprentice you’ll:

- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- get time for study related to your role (usually one day a week)

Apprenticeships take 1 to 5 years to complete depending on their level.

You can start an apprenticeship at any time, your college career advisor maybe the best place to start in order to view the apprenticeships available in your local area.

If that doesn't help, I really recommend looking at the government website below to understand the basics of an apprenticeship and what careers you can start in.
https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide

If you have an idea what you would like todo, you can use the apprenticeship search tool in order to assist you finding a suitable job

Search here - https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to reply or PM us!

Thanks
Ben
paulthomason90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Can I leave college now, Jan 2019 and start an apprenticeship in September. I'm 18 on Sept 17
Rai_rai
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That was what I was thinking too but I'm 1

(Original post by paulthomason90)
Hi. Can I leave college now, Jan 2019 and start an apprenticeship in September. I'm 18 on Sept 17
I'm thinking about it too but I'm 16
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (81)
21.37%
No (298)
78.63%

Watched Threads