The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Research proposal HELP!

Hey,

So I'm currently studying masters in mental health and need to create a research proposal presentation BUT I'm stuck!

Does anyone have any advice on how to form a research question and how to justify the reason to propose this research, if there is already research out there on it.

- any advice will be appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
I had to write a research proposal in my old uni:

we had a summary: what is going to be investigated? why it's important? how are you going to do it?

the purpose: what question is being asked? the hypothesis? information hoping to gain? objectives/ aims? and what will be gained

background: what information is necessary to understand the project? key studies that have led to the project and the importance of a study in a broader context

plan of investigation- what is the study system? how will it be conducted? techniques used? how will data be collected? how will data be analysed?

timeline- for this we had a gantt chart

impact summary

This was for a written proposal, but hopefully it helps
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for your advice!

Could you suggest ways to justify a research topic - for example I want to base my research on the role of supplements on anxiety but this research is already been conducted.

would a possible justification for this project be 'because the previous research was conducted in the US and I want to see if there would be similar results in the UK?
Reply 3
Original post by rao94
Thank you for your advice!

Could you suggest ways to justify a research topic - for example I want to base my research on the role of supplements on anxiety but this research is already been conducted.

would a possible justification for this project be 'because the previous research was conducted in the US and I want to see if there would be similar results in the UK?

I'm not too sure, I think it's more where there is a gap in the field of research and where your question will fir into it. e.g. XYZ has previously shown this, but this wasn't explored in their work so I intend to ABC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending