The Student Room Group

Want contact lenses but feel self conscious without my glasses!

I've been wearing glasses for the better part of my life - ever since I was 7 years old, so I've been wearing them for 11 years, ever single day.

I feel like they have become a part of my face and my identity but I really want contact lenses, but when I remove my glasses and look at myself I feel so self conscious and insecure and I feel ugly without them.

Anyone else feel the same way? How do I get over this insecurity of mine?
You get used to it, its just different thats all. I thought I looked weird wearing glasses. Then I thought I looked weird when I started wearing contact lenses. Now I think I look weird if I were to start wearing glasses again.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been wearing glasses for the better part of my life - ever since I was 7 years old, so I've been wearing them for 11 years, ever single day.

I feel like they have become a part of my face and my identity but I really want contact lenses, but when I remove my glasses and look at myself I feel so self conscious and insecure and I feel ugly without them.

Well, why do you want contacts? Do The benefits (to you) outweigh the negatives? Could just use them for sport/special occasions and have dailies

Chances are you're just not used to being without them, an unfamiliar look but we all need change in life!

All The best
Original post by Anonymous

Interestingly enough - I’m the opposite! I feel self conscious in my glasses and prefer contacts.

It’s something you’ll get used to, and will take a bit of time to get over. I’m sure you look great either way.
Reply 4
So why do you want contacts?

I wear contacts only for special occasions and sports.

I feel much more confident without glasses.
Reply 5
I think some people actually look better with contacts on, don't worry about it too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending