The Student Room Group

Translation Problem: Degree from Greece

Hey,

I want to apply for a graduate program in UK and I struggle with the translations. More specifically, I just graduated from a greek uni with distinction 86.3% (equivalent to the first degree in UK) That's why I awarded with ...?

BUT the problem is I don't know in English the name of this award. I receipted this award because I had the 5th highest GPA in my class. So the name of this award is? academic excellence, distinction? what's the equivalent in the UK system?

Thank you in advance for your time

Apostolis
Original post by Tolis
Hey,

I want to apply for a graduate program in UK and I struggle with the translations. More specifically, I just graduated from a greek uni with distinction 86.3% (equivalent to the first degree in UK) That's why I awarded with ...?

BUT the problem is I don't know in English the name of this award. I receipted this award because I had the 5th highest GPA in my class. So the name of this award is? academic excellence, distinction? what's the equivalent in the UK system?

Thank you in advance for your time

Apostolis

UK universities are well used to seeing non UK qualifications.
Instead of tryiing to put it in English terms, then just state it as what it is. Maybe name of the qualification plus the %.

If you go to the website of the unis you are interested in they will tell you what they look for or failing that contact them.

They may require you to get a translation of your certified transcript.
https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individuals/compare%20qualifications/Statement%20of%20Comparability.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending