Turn on thread page Beta

It was a 4 year long relationship so I’m going to try and make it as short as possible..... she was my first love and I always loved her. Went to school with her and ended up in two different countries after I moved with my family( but went back to see her every year). She then decided it was best to end it but it was so difficult for me to get over it. But I did.

2 years went by and we didn’t talk. She sent me a friend request on FB and Instagram and I did accept it... she instantly messaged me telling me how she missed every inch of me and looks forward to spending some time with me... I looked back on her posts on FB and she was talking about me for nearly a year saying how she missed “him” and looks forward to seeing him again.

What would you do? (Yes I do have feelings for her and would probably never forget her) ;(;(
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you can resolve what went wrong first time then give it a go

(Original post by Sammylou40)
    If you can resolve what went wrong first time then give it a go
    The main issue was the long distance relationship she couldn’t hack but I’m still away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The main issue was the long distance relationship she couldn’t hack but I’m still away
    You don’t say how old you are, work etc.
    If you really think it’s worth it, could one of you move?
    It’s unlikely that you can make it work long term if you’re far apart
    You’ll never forget your first love. It’s special. If it’s the real thing
    You split on good terms so you only have good times to remember
    Are you nostalgic for the past? Especially if you’re both single
    You need to find a way for you to have a serious heart searching chat to see if it’s really meant to be
    All the best

You don’t say how old you are, work etc.
    If you really think it’s worth it, could one of you move?
    It’s unlikely that you can make it work long term if you’re far apart
    You’ll never forget your first love. It’s special. If it’s the real thing
    You split on good terms so you only have good times to remember
    Are you nostalgic for the past? Especially if you’re both single
    You need to find a way for you to have a serious heart searching chat to see if it’s really meant to be
    All the best
    I’m 19 and she’s 21. Both of us are currently in Uni but the distance is just a killer. It’s really difficult and almost impossible for any of us to move as we’re both halfway through Uni but she sounds serious about it. I don’t know how I feel about her though, our relationship ended because of the long distance so I don’t know how long this is going to last as we’re in the same situation we were when we broke up. I honestly do love hers do want her but it is hard for me to accept it because I don’t want her to go through hell and I don’t want to either.

ReputationRep:
    You really need to have a serious talk, preferably in person.
    You’re still very young and although it happens, it’s unlikely you’ll be together forever.
    Make yourself a list. It sounds cold but write down the reasons you should be together ( not just that you love her) and the reasons you shouldn’t.
    Spend time thinking by yourself about it
    For a relationship to work there has to be a level of intimacy, and I don’t mean sex. That’s hard if you’re far away
    Try what I said
    You can pm me anytime if you need to

You really need to have a serious talk, preferably in person.
    You’re still very young and although it happens, it’s unlikely you’ll be together forever.
    Make yourself a list. It sounds cold but write down the reasons you should be together ( not just that you love her) and the reasons you shouldn’t.
    Spend time thinking by yourself about it
    For a relationship to work there has to be a level of intimacy, and I don’t mean sex. That’s hard if you’re far away
    Try what I said
    You can pm me anytime if you need to
    Thank you so much Sammy, you’re incredible

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much Sammy, you’re incredible
    Thank you really I’m just old and have more life experience but I hope it helps. All the best

ReputationRep:
    It was a 4 year long relationship so I’m going to try and make it as short as possible..... she was my first love and I always loved her. Went to school with her and ended up in two different countries after I moved with my family( but went back to see her every year). She then decided it was best to end it but it was so difficult for me to get over it. But I did.

2 years went by and we didn’t talk. She sent me a friend request on FB and Instagram and I did accept it... she instantly messaged me telling me how she missed every inch of me and looks forward to spending some time with me... I looked back on her posts on FB and she was talking about me for nearly a year saying how she missed “him” and looks forward to seeing him again.

What would you do? (Yes I do have feelings for her and would probably never forget her) ;(;(
    Go get that girl! It doesn't matter what people say long distance can work if you want it to! At some point in time you will be able to move in together etc. and be a proper couple! If you love her enough and she loves you then it can happen!

And.... we are back together🙈😊❤️

ReputationRep:
    Even though it’s very difficult, long distance can work. This sounds like a winner. Go get her

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    YAY that is so amazing good on you 🖤🤘

(Original post by PhilDanthropist)
    YAY that is so amazing good on you 🖤🤘
    Congratulations!
    Thank you guys💛🤗

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.