Turn on thread page Beta

Do you mind drinking tap water? watch

I recently had a discussion with my friends about drinking tap water and they remarked that they hated drinking tap water and would never do it. I come from a pretty well off family and at home we only drank home made filtered water. However last year I moved to uni and only drank tap water because I hate spending money but it's honestly not bad as they make it out to be lol.

I know most of my friends aren't as well off as me, and I am trying to wrap my head around how they can afford bottled water on a regular basis and I cannot bring myself to buy any water unless I have no access to tap water and am dying of thirst.

ReputationRep:
    I drink filtered, i never drank straight from tap

ReputationRep:
    Erm.... it's all I drink at uni.

ReputationRep:
    At my uni they only had tap dandelion & burdock so I had to buy a few packs of buxton water

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been drinking it my whole life. cannot stand bottled-water-only snobs. so ****ing annoying

some bich almost made me get off the bus one time so that we could buy some bottled water. i said i had water and she said if its tap then we need to get off the bus because laadeeda i don't drink tap. so i just lied and said no its bottled haha in her face! annoying bint

ReputationRep:
    Or, if you're afraid of germs etc just boil the tap water and refrigerate: free + safe.

ReputationRep:
    Where I live the tap water tastes comparatively close to bottled water so I am fortunate.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the taste of tap water.

ReputationRep:
    I always drink tap water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I recently had a discussion with my friends about drinking tap water and they remarked that they hated drinking tap water and would never do it. I come from a pretty well off family and at home we only drank home made filtered water. However last year I moved to uni and only drank tap water because I hate spending money but it's honestly not bad as they make it out to be lol.

I know most of my friends aren't as well off as me, and I am trying to wrap my head around how they can afford bottled water on a regular basis and I cannot bring myself to buy any water unless I have no access to tap water and am dying of thirst.
    I always drink filtered. Even when it comes to making tea or coffee I'm always using filtered water.
    The way I see it, once you drink filtered water their is no going back

ReputationRep:
    I find plastic bottles repulsive for some reason. Tap water seems fine for me, however my parents have always warned me to stay away from tap water and public drinking fountains because apparently they have bacteria or warm water can lead to lead in your water (???? I've never understood this)

ReputationRep:
    I used to never drink water.Then I started drinking only bottled water.Now I drink tap water more than anything else. (It helps that tap water in New Zealand tastes better than tap water at home though.)

ReputationRep:
    I laugh at people who only drink bottled water for no valid reason. If you're that scared boil and cool your water. What a waste of plastic otherwise. Also, don't drink warm water from the tap.

ReputationRep:
    I only really drink bottled water, mostly started after the algae bloom causing the water being contaminated in my area. I wouldn't mind drinking water from other locations that don't share the same water as my location guess I'm suffering from taste aversion, I sometimes use tap water if I am making coffee or tea though.

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you are, I visited family in wales and they had fresh valley tap water, ting was lit.
    My tap water tastes subtley of chemicals, so I only drink it if there's no bottled.

ReputationRep:
    I drink tap water but let it run first so it's cold to drink. My utilities are all inclusive in my rent so don' bother me.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever says they don't drink tap water is lying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why people don't drink tap water. There's virtually no difference.
    Although where I live we don't have hard water so maybe that's why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
    I don't get why people don't drink tap water. There's virtually no difference.
    Although where I live we don't have hard water so maybe that's why
    I was in Birmingham the other day and OMG the water there was super nice!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why people buy bottled water. It's expensive, and they probably don't recycle the bottles either. Usually we boil it, but when there isn't any in the jug and I can't be bothered to boil any, I'll just get it straight from the tap.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.