Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is my paragraph concerning my reasons for applying for deferred entry. I am planning to apply for an Accounting and Finance degree. Please make any suggestions you have to help me improve it.

'I am currently applying for work placements at several international corporations, with the view to undertake one during my gap year, because I feel that the opportunities presented to me in this year will greatly enrich my understanding of the business world and enhance my personal skills. I believe that it will serve to be a valuable learning and development resource for me, and should lend itself to my degree, as well as increasing my future career prospects.'

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How about .....

During my gap year I intend to have a six month work placement in an international corporation. This opportunity will greatly enrich my understanding of the business world and enhance my personal skills, particularly in working as part of a team. It will be a useful practical resource for later reference at University, supporting my acquistion of theoretical knowledge with an awareness of the impact of reality on a business.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers,

That sounds much more studious and professional than mine. I am starting off with easy paragraphs like that and extra-curricular before doing the dreaded opening paragraph.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Soteman)
    Cheers,

That sounds much more studious and professional than mine. I am starting off with easy paragraphs like that and extra-curricular before doing the dreaded opening paragraph.
    well when you have got a reasonable draft, don't put it all on here for others to 'lift'. You need to get it reviewed, either by people you know or go on to www.studential.com for a confidential, quite secure review by teachers (like me) or by people who are uni already and have been through the system!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    well when you have got a reasonable draft, don't put it all on here for others to 'lift'. You need to get it reviewed, either by people you know or go on to www.studential.com for a confidential, quite secure review by teachers (like me) or by people who are uni already and have been through the system!
    I know this isn't really the place but can I just thank you for the great comments and advice you have given on my personal statement. All my friends were saying it was fine but I knew it wasn't! I'm now working on my second draft. Thanks!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.