How to write cv and cover letter?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am in sixth form I want to do work experience in investment banking I have no experience in finance what so ever so I want to do work experience to have a clear vision of what investment banking really is so I could make up my mind whether to pursue investment banking or not.Can anyone give me subheadings to use or information to include or some sort of tips because I have no idea how to start writing the cv or cover letter.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am in sixth form I want to do work experience in investment banking I have no experience in finance what so ever so I want to do work experience to have a clear vision of what investment banking really is so I could make up my mind whether to pursue investment banking or not.Can anyone give me subheadings to use or information to include or some sort of tips because I have no idea how to start writing the cv or cover letter.
Split your CV into subheadings such as: Personal profile, employment/work experience history, education/training history, interests and achievements, additonal information and references.

A greater detail on how to write each section is below.
https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ob/cv-sections

Make sure every CV is tailored to the job and company you are applying for; make it specific, not generic.

A cover letter is your chance to sell yourself to an employer. Show them why you want this job, explain why the role appealed to you and how it will benefit you and the company. Include skills and previous experience as examples to back up your statements. Make sure you tailor your cover letter to the role and company you apply for. So this could be anything relevant that you've done (coursework, previous work experience, etc..) that could be useful when working in the role.
https://nationalcareersservice.direc...overing-letter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.48%
I'm not sure (51)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.49%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (543)
48.53%

Watched Threads