Izzyburke
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So, I take an alevel in Biology, psychology and a BTEC in health and social care.
I am predicted an a* in Psychology, B In biology and a distinction ( A) in health and social care.

I’m a bit worried, because I want to take Psycholgoy at university however most of the Russel group entry requirements are AAA , AAB or A*AA.
Will most unis accept 1 BTEC and 2 alevels???? I’m quite stressed because Birmingham said they wouldn’t give me an offer and they’re entry requirements AAA are lower than my top choice Cardiff placement of A* AA.

PLZZZZ HELP
Advice... any other unis that do psychology with placement with lower grades of AAA??? Any good psychology unis lower than AAA?? Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Izzyburke)
So, I take an alevel in Biology, psychology and a BTEC in health and social care.
I am predicted an a* in Psychology, B In biology and a distinction ( A) in health and social care.

I’m a bit worried, because I want to take Psycholgoy at university however most of the Russel group entry requirements are AAA , AAB or A*AA.
Will most unis accept 1 BTEC and 2 alevels???? I’m quite stressed because Birmingham said they wouldn’t give me an offer and they’re entry requirements AAA are lower than my top choice Cardiff placement of A* AA.

PLZZZZ HELP
Advice... any other unis that do psychology with placement with lower grades of AAA??? Any good psychology unis lower than AAA?? Thank you
1. You have to check by going to their websites or making an enquiry.
2. I would say that 2 A levels and a BTEC is fine (almost certainly). Onlu a handful of universities and a limited number of courses (Medicine, Engineering and a few others) will only accept A levels. I was surpised to see Birmingham refuse.

Nottingham has no pproblem with it.
Manchester accepts.

You are just going to have to lo do the research and make the enquiries.

You can also look at Heap on degree course offers, careers , your head of sixth form or the library will have a copy.
It lists course and uni by grades required..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-U.../dp/1911067486

No point being stressed just do the research. Imo you will be ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed