The Student Room Group

NHS Scotland Braces?

Hello!

I’m 21 and have been waiting on braces and jaw surgery since I was about 15. In my teen years I was approved for both but was never contacted to begin treatment of either (I moved to a different area and I guess that’s why contact was lost?) .

About just over a month ago I brought it back up to my (new) dentist after trying for years for invasilgn and other adult braces. My dentist examined my teeth and agreed that the NHS braces route would be best as my bite is off which causes me a lot of problems. The dentist also said that although NHS usually only treat under 18s the complexity of my need for treatment would/should be enough to qualify for NHS treatment.

I have read multiple threads online about the waiting times in regard to treatment and have seen everything from a month to 8 years! So I was wondering if anyone had any experiences they could share with me about their waiting times or treatment?

I should mention that I am based in Scotland and am currently waiting for a consultation at Glasgow dental hospital. I have waited around just over a month so far and was wondering if anyone had any dealings with the glasgow dental hospital in particular however it would be great to hear experiences from anywhere!

Although it has only been a month for my re referall I feel like I have been waiting my whole life lol!

Thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending