Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone here not afraid of the idea of death? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone is worried by death to some degree. But there are a lot of people who seem quite relaxed about it, and have the 'I'm going to take risks and if death happens to me early, that's the way it goes' attitude. I envy this as someone who has anxiety surrounding health, plane rides and anything where there is a moderate risk of death involved. I don't believe in an afterlife which makes it worse. Insights are appreciated 😊

ReputationRep:
    Well, everybody is going to die and the world seems so random at times and people, in general, are so insignificant despite what we think, lol, so dying is okay to me because I realize all of that, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcpon14)
    Well, everybody is going to die and the world seems so random at times and people, in general, are so insignificant despite what we think, lol, so dying is okay to me because I realize all of that, lol.
    I try to remember this. I think we're the only species that contemplates its own existence which is annoying, I'd rather be a duck 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
    I try to remember this. I think we're the only species that contemplates its own existence which is annoying, I'd rather be a duck 😂
    You could get a lobotomy, lol, and live out the rest of your life devoid of your rational mind, lol.

ReputationRep:
    You could get a lobotomy, lol, and live out the rest of your life devoid of your rational mind, lol.
    Would be quite nice, however I imagine there are plenty of downsides of doing that!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Death is the only thing I fear in life.

ReputationRep:
    I have anxiety about a lot of things but not death! It happens to everyone and if it comes it comes. I don't believe in an after life so I won't be around to care that I'm dead lmao. So yeah it just doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    My view of it is fear in the same way I fear potentially running out of cornflakes and having to inconvenience myself to buy some more. Like it'd be bad but getting serious anxiety over it just isn't helpful cause at the end of the day somebody could just break into my house and murder me someday and any anxiety I may have had would still not have prepared me for it. Not worth the worry.

ReputationRep:
    There is no point worrying over something that you have no control over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Death is the only thing I fear in life.
    But it is only a transition into the next phase of you. Before that, you were star stuff, the debris from when a star or stars blew up, lol.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well sure, we're all going to die so why worry about the inevitable?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don’t fear death. Why should I?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But it is only a transition into the next phase of you. Before that, you were star stuff, the debris from when a star or stars blew up, lol.
    I fear it because I will lose my consciousness. I value my existence and I'm afraid to lose it.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a beautiful way of looking at it

ReputationRep:
    No lol we’re all going to die

ReputationRep:
    I don't fear it in the abstract but that's not to say that I fearlessly pursue actions that could feasibly end my life. In the immediacy it is a survival mechanism, so I'm not big on doing backflips along cliff edges. But in general terms, I'm comfortable with the idea that I will die and that it might be painful.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    I don’t fear death. Why should I?
    Because you disappear forever man

ReputationRep:
    Death inspires me. It's such an easy way out but there's courage in living, so that's what I'll do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
    I know everyone is worried by death to some degree. But there are a lot of people who seem quite relaxed about it, and have the 'I'm going to take risks and if death happens to me early, that's the way it goes' attitude. I envy this as someone who has anxiety surrounding health, plane rides and anything where there is a moderate risk of death involved. I don't believe in an afterlife which makes it worse. Insights are appreciated 😊
    With me its more how Im going to die which I fear, than death itself.

I still feel the same even after having a stroke last month (maybe even 2 mini ones) which put me in hospital for nearly two weeks.Still have to have tests etc though!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I fear dying before I'm ready or before I'm okay with it imminently coming, lol.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.