The Student Room Group

Anyone here not afraid of the idea of death?

Scroll to see replies

It’s inevitable. We all gotta die one die mayne. If we worry about dying then we’ll live our whole lives worrying and won’t focus on living.
Yeah nobody wants to die. But nobody wants to pay taxes either yet we have to. Some things are just inevitable.
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
I know everyone is worried by death to some degree. But there are a lot of people who seem quite relaxed about it, and have the 'I'm going to take risks and if death happens to me early, that's the way it goes' attitude. I envy this as someone who has anxiety surrounding health, plane rides and anything where there is a moderate risk of death involved. I don't believe in an afterlife which makes it worse. Insights are appreciated 😊

Pushes me to live the life I want to, knowing that nothing is forever.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm not scared of death bc it's probs better than a levels
I would only not fear it if I was happy with life
no because...god (heaven/hell) unless your an athiest?
Yes because I am more afraid of not living.
You know how you can’t remember anything before you were born? That’s what I think will happen when I’m dead. What’s there to be afraid of?
Yep, this is completely me.
From a very young age I was not afraid of death because I think it's illogical to be.
I understand that people will argue 'How can you be logical about something as powerfully emotional as death'
But I'm very good at rationalising my thoughts and I don't think one should fear the inevitable.
I'm also not always sad at the thought of people dying because I like to celebrate the time I did spend with them, and I know they would not want to see me sad, of course emotion can and does often take over this sentiment.

I think as long as you try to hit your goals within 80 years or so, and as long as you satisfy your endorphins, then that's all humans can be expected to do.
Life is wonderful, and even if nothing is waiting for us or everything is after life, it's pointless to waste time thinking about it, just do you.
Not worried about death. Much more worried about dying, particularly about potentially spending months or years being a drooling mindless husk who is just a waste of time and resources.
I don't fear death, I do however fear dying a painful one.
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take. The gray rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it."

"What, Gandalf? See what?"

"White shores. And beyond, the far green country, under a swift sunrise."

"Well, that isn't so bad."

"No. No, it isn't."

[video="youtube;Rag_9J1ZC2g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g[/video]
Original post by Kierensaddlr
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take. The gray rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it."

"What, Gandalf? See what?"

"White shores. And beyond, the far green country, under a swift sunrise."

"Well, that isn't so bad."

"No. No, it isn't."

[video="youtube;Rag_9J1ZC2g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g[/video]

My guy looks like a Btec level 1 roadman STILL
Some people see it as eternal peace...guess it’s just the way you look at it
Reply 34
it's not death I'm afraid of...it's hell fire. I think people are only afraid when they have responsibility e.g if you die as a parent who will look after your children, how would they feel? but if I as a random teenager died, it wouldn't affect anyone so I'm not too scared
I'm not afraid of death itself. But in the state that I die. I want to die with Belief in my heart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending