The Student Room Group

Paracetamol overdose

Hi, I'm very concerned, my friend who is 15 years of age says she had taken 23-30 paracetamol tablets over 2 weeks ago and claims it has had no effect, she also said the day after that she took 8 more at lunch time, I dont know if she is lying and I dont know what to do, she is always telling me after an argument that she's going to kill herself and i dont know how to help her, please give me advice, I dont know if she is lying or telling me the truth, thanks x
Original post by ThatLadLucas
Hi, I'm very concerned, my friend who is 15 years of age says she had taken 23-30 paracetamol tablets over 2 weeks ago and claims it has had no effect, she also said the day after that she took 8 more at lunch time, I dont know if she is lying and I dont know what to do, she is always telling me after an argument that she's going to kill herself and i dont know how to help her, please give me advice, I dont know if she is lying or telling me the truth, thanks x

Tell her parents, and no, unlikely. I had 10 once in a day (genuine need, it was after surgery), and felt no worse for wear.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Tell her parents, and no, unlikely. I had 10 once in a day (genuine need, it was after surgery), and felt no worse for wear.

So it is unlikely that she has taken that many, if she had would it show an effect? She said she took 23-30 the day before, I was in hospital for 3 nights after taking 21, she said she's been to the hospital and they said she was fine, I dont know if she's lying
If she takes 20-30 again and tells you, please make sure she gets to a hospital ASAP. I've taken a similar amount of pills, didn't go to hospital and was okay, but a year of SH by overdoses has probably damaged my liver at least a little bit. If she's doing things like this, her parents need to know. You may feel like you're snitching on her or breaking her trust but she needs to be safe.

Quick Reply

Latest