Mocks soon!!! help

Watch
sofsferr02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Well my mocks are just around the corner - in fact, they're exactly in two weeks. I feel like I'm not ready but I don't know what to do. There's just so much that I don't know where to start. So please hit me up with your best cramming advice!!

Brumtown1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't even stress I got all Bs and Cs in my GCSE mocks then got in to a grammar school sixth form in Birmingham. Just put in like 2/3 hours every day till your mocks and more on the weekend and see what you can do. Then you'll know how much you need to do for the real things.
Vee_004
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make short revision cards for each subject. Make sure they are concise and to the point. Add drawings to help you remember things easily, and create acronyms if that helps you too. Do plenty of questions after you have completed the short notes in each topic. x
omarathon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Start now. Don't just scan through a textbook thinking that just scanning it will absorb information. Slowly go through the textbook so it doesn't have to be recapped. As soon as you have revised an area, do practice questions on it without the textbook. Do this for every chapter/area and it should be ok, provided you're doing non-trivial questions!

Also if you know you're good at something do not waste too much time on it. The short-term confidence boost from doing trivial questions isn't worth it in the long run for the other areas that are lacking.
lanababe78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Brumtown1)
Don't even stress I got all Bs and Cs in my GCSE mocks then got in to a grammar school sixth form in Birmingham. Just put in like 2/3 hours every day till your mocks and more on the weekend and see what you can do. Then you'll know how much you need to do for the real things.
i know this might be a bit weird, but, what sixth form did you get in to? i’m from Birmingham, and a lot of my friend are applying, but i’m not sure my grades are good enough x
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is no good cramming advice. Cramming isn't good.
sofsferr02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
lol thx but I haven't come across the doctor yet so I have no other choice at the moment
omarathon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
This!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.94%
I'm not sure (31)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (212)
32.12%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (311)
47.12%

Watched Threads