Vee_004
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I don't know what subjects to choose for for A Levels. I really like the idea and thought processes being Psycology and I love Art. I am also enjoying Science but I am achieving B grades. I really don't know what Career path to choose. I was considering Dentistry, Architecture, or Criminal Psycologist. Please could someone help.... 😭
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Vee_004)
Hi I don't know what subjects to choose for for A Levels. I really like the idea and thought processes being Psycology and I love Art. I am also enjoying Science but I am achieving B grades. I really don't know what Career path to choose. I was considering Dentistry, Architecture, or Criminal Psycologist. Please could someone help.... 😭
That's quite a variety of choices you have there! Okay so dentistry usually requires two sciences including chemistry and either biology or physics (some may be more lenient on this but generally chemistry and one other science). Psychology usually likes having a science or two and many surprisingly don't ask specifically for psychology. So for these two doing biology and chemistry would seem like a good idea. Psychology degrees obviously do like a psychology a level and count it towards a science subject in most cases. From quick research architecture degrees very massively in their requirements but a lot like art (not all require it) and maths (however some would accept physics or another science instead).

You're going to have to cut down your options! At the minute the ones your courses like the most are:
Chemistry, Physics (or biology), Art, Psychology, Maths.

My biggest tip for you choosing is please go for subjects you enjoy! Don't pick a subject you don't feel passionate about because you feel obliged to take it. I have watched so many people over this year and a bit crumble and breakdown due to taking subjects they hate. I do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (I'm in year 13 and have an AS in Religious Studies) so if you want anymore information on those just ask. When you have an idea of what you want to do, look at uni websites at their requirements and Base a decision off the ones that require the subjects you enjoy the most.

Hope I've helped and anymore questions, just ask!
Vee_004
Rep:
?
Thank you so much I also wanted to know what Career path you have chosen to go into x
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much I also wanted to know what Career path you have chosen to go into x
I've applied for 4 biomed courses and 1 microbiology course hoping that they'll lead to a job in medical research!
Vee_004
Rep:
?
thank you so much! I am sorry to be asking so many questions but it is Psycology difficult at a levels?
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thank you so much! I am sorry to be asking so many questions but it is Psycology difficult at a levels?
Don't apologise! Feel free to ask as many as you want.

Personally I don't find it too difficult as it just clicks in my brain. However it is a very content heavy course and so you'll need to do a lot of revision. In AS Level edexcel psychology you do:

> About 10 key studies (participant numbers, exact method, evaluation, results, aims, conclusion)
>About 15 key theories (key terms, concepts, evaluation, application)
> 4 key practicals (aim, method, results analysis, conclusion, evaluation)
> 4 key questions (application of theories if necessary, facts, evaluation)
> A bunch of research methods (definition and evaluation of all)
> A bunch of extra studies that you don't need to know in extensive detail.

So yeah its a lot of work and revision but personally I don't find the content hard. Even if you do blank during a question you can kind of waffle it! For example in my recent formal assessment I had an 8 marker on Ainsworth and I completely forgot her participant numbers so I just made up a point about generalisability which was pretty crap tbh but I ended up getting full marks. However I do know that majority of people in my class struggle with it and don't get good grades so I guess it all depends.
Vee_004
Rep:
?
Ok
thank you so much for the advice x I will be sure to ask more questions if need be 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads