Have your say: Could you pass the maths test to become a teacher?

Watch this thread
isabel.sax
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our Could you pass the maths test to become a teacher? article.

Read the full Could you pass the maths test to become a teacher? article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
11 out of 12...Guessing I misread the other question as my answer was the inverse of what the answer actually was :oops:
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
12 out of 12 which is... reassuring
OrangeArcher
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
12 out of 12... Not too shabby considering I'm doing A-levels in maths and further maths
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I only got 7 out of 12 which isn't great considering I've booked my numeracy test for January I find mental maths really hard because my mind just processes the numbers really slowly. I think we only get 10 - 20 seconds to answer the questions in the real test, which isn't a lot of time. I spent at least a minute just reading each question, and another minute or two trying to solve them.
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
9 Man, when did my maths drop. Time to get it back.
0xFFFFail
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Why would someone with a degree in maths become a teacher?
I doubt this is going to make a significant impact on employing teachers.
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
12 out of 12. Yay I can become a maths teacher!
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Name:  tsrgoodscor.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  31.8 KB

this math lark is not as hard as pepol make out
usfbullz
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Got 12 out of 12
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
11 out of 12...Guessing I misread the other question as my answer was the inverse of what the answer actually was :oops:
:hugs: you can still make a positive difference to children's lives

http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.u...3462980267.jpg
black1blade
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Got 11, got 182 not 184 on one- damned adding up!
black1blade
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
Name:  tsrgoodscor.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  31.8 KB

this math lark is not as hard as pepol make out
It's not really maths, more arithmetic literacy :P.
nts24
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0xFFFFail)
Why would someone with a degree in maths become a teacher?
I doubt this is going to make a significant impact on employing teachers.
Some people enjoy teaching. Some are even naturally born teacher.

Some get paid lots to teach with accommodation and food provided, utility bills, private insurance paid for, gym and swimming pool next door so why not? That doesn't inlcude the 16-17 weeks holiday if you work in the indie sector. All of those before the actual enjoyable teaching with able students.
Lemur14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
:hugs: you can still make a positive difference to children's lives

http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.u...3462980267.jpg
:hugs: Thank you
:rofl3: :eek3:
soniag16
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I got 6
soniag16
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nts24)
Some people enjoy teaching. Some are even naturally born teacher.

Some get paid lots to teach with accommodation and food provided, utility bills, private insurance paid for, gym and swimming pool next door so why not? That doesn't inlcude the 16-17 weeks holiday if you work in the indie sector. All of those before the actual enjoyable teaching with able students.
I actually agree
nyxnko_
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
12/12!! Not too bad considering I'm taking both Maths and Further Maths...
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thoughts on the info TSR has on Teacher Training? Answer this:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/L3QYWJ37
(This survey was at the bottom of that article so I thought I'd post it here too )

For anyone looking for more info about QTS skills tests and how to take them, I'd suggest looking at this thread (which I need to update):
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2196344

I didn't read question 8 properly so got 11/12
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hard mode:

Could you pass the test to become a maths teacher...in France?

https://agreg.org/sujets/MG17.pdf
https://agreg.org/sujets/AP17.pdf

D:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
34.07%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (42)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads