The Student Room Group

Applying for a course with one grade higher entry requirements

Hi, I'm looking to apply for economics which requires A*AA-AAA at Nottingham however my predictions are AAB in Biology, Chemistry and Computer science. My area constitutes to one of lower academic achievement however I'm not sure whether it would be worth applying.
Original post by bkr32
Hi, I'm looking to apply for economics which requires A*AA-AAA at Nottingham however my predictions are AAB in Biology, Chemistry and Computer science. My area constitutes to one of lower academic achievement however I'm not sure whether it would be worth applying.

Are any of the factors on http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/applying/ourpolicies.aspx#Flexibleadmissionspolicy relevant?

Yes, very much so. My postcode also meets the lower academic performance section
Original post by bkr32
Yes, very much so. My postcode also meets the lower academic performance section

In that case definitely worth a crack. And it's only one of your five choices...
Reply 4
Original post by bkr32

If you were to get an offer then it would almost certainly be for either AAA or A*AA. I was offered A*AA despite taking 4 A Levels (lol)- idk why they are being a bit gay about it
Original post by bigwang
If you were to get an offer then it would almost certainly be for either AAA or A*AA. I was offered A*AA despite taking 4 A Levels (lol)- idk why they are being a bit gay about it

Do you know of anyone that applied with AAB and received an offer?
Reply 6
Original post by anonymous45465
Do you know of anyone that applied with AAB and received an offer?

No but it's worth trying as one of your 5 options
my brother applied to nottingham for econ with predicted grades of AAB and was made an AAA offer a couple years ago
Original post by ashaxo99
my brother applied to nottingham for econ with predicted grades of AAB and was made an AAA offer a couple years ago

Which subjects was he doing? Did your postcode meet the criteria for underachieving?
Original post by bkr32
Which subjects was he doing? Did your postcode meet the criteria for underachieving?

i just checked on that postcode thingymabob right now, and yeah! our address comes up as a flag "considered to be an area of disadvantage or low progression to higher education". he did maths, economics and physics at a level, and geography til AS. he goes to nottingham and he really enjoys it, and sometimes i watch his lectures online from home since he lets me use his moodle and they're all super interesting too. you should defo apply! :smile:
Original post by ashaxo99
i just checked on that postcode thingymabob right now, and yeah! our address comes up as a flag "considered to be an area of disadvantage or low progression to higher education". he did maths, economics and physics at a level, and geography til AS. he goes to nottingham and he really enjoys it, and sometimes i watch his lectures online from home since he lets me use his moodle and they're all super interesting too. you should defo apply! :smile:

That's given me some hope! Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending