Doing Two AS/A-Levels this year?

Watch this thread
username3291532
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

So I posted a few weeks ago on a discussion thread (whatever you call them) a question that asks something along the lines of me wondering if I could drop a subject at the end of the year despite doing 3 and then changing it to something else. Here is that thread, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5035912

Now, since then I have been thinking about it. Today during one of my lessons, I had an epiphany that I may be able to do two lessons this year (Being Media Studies and Film Studies) and drop ICT because I detest that subject, I am not even interested and I got a test and had a disgustingly low mark (3 out of 21 marks... I know, its embarrassing). It really makes me unhappy and it is just unwanted stress that I really don't need when I have so much coursework and revision to do for my mocks next month. It is starting to feel like I am just wasting my time even turning up for that lesson because I hate it and I do believe I am failing it either way and I just would rather not be doing it.

I have no idea if I can get away with doing just Media and Film Studies this year. I don't know if my sixth form will tell me to choose another option (Which I do not want) or wait until next year so I can start a new one (Which is my preferred idea as it's 2 and a half months into the course and it features a lot of content in it and I do not have the time to catch up. Plus, the teacher for that subject says that it is far too late to join anyway so I don't know what to do).

I've been asking my friends and people who are actually staying the extra year like I am wanting to. It's all just mixed replies saying no they won't let me but then I also found out that one of the Year 13's only does two (but theres a difference since he is a year older than me) and also one of my friends thinks two people from my year group also do two subjects like I am wishing to do.

All I want to know is, might my sixth form let me do Media and Film Studies this year in AS, then do them at A-Level next year but then start another AS-Level in Year 13 (Sociology) and continue that in my extra year or 'Year 14' as some call it. It's just stressing me out a lot and I am trying to figure out how to approach the head of sixth form about it.

Thank you for your time reading this if you did so, sorry if it is a bit of a mouthful but there is a lot on my mind and I felt like this website was the best way to get it out of my system.
lcschofield
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago

All I want to know is, might my sixth form let me do Media and Film Studies this year in AS, then do them at A-Level next year but then start another AS-Level in Year 13 (Sociology) and continue that in my extra year or 'Year 14' as some call it. “

My sixth form does this and it’s no problem, quite a few people are doing it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (49)
62.82%
No (23)
29.49%
I didn't use it to prepare (6)
7.69%

Watched Threads