Do dentists deal with cosmetic dental treatments? Watch

ops12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't like my teeth, my two front teeth are quite large. About 5-10 years ago i got 'fillers' put on my two teeth either side of my front teeth to make them look fuller so that my front teeth don't look so big in comparison, these fillers have since come off (i was told they would after a couple years by my dentist) but now the last time i went for a check up, i asked my dentist about re- doing them and she seemed uninterested and like she didn't want to do it, I asked her and she said something along the lines of 'well i supose i can but its not a nessecity, its just for cosmetic purposes as it wont improve the health of your teeth, so it may not be wise to waste your money on it' I know that if i really pushed her about it i probably could have got it done but im quite a introverted, awkward kinda person so I just left it, but now im regretting it, do you think I should seek help off a more 'cosmetic' dentist/doctor for this treatment? (pics of my teeth below incase you're interested, i dont think they look too bad face on but from the side and when i have my mouth half open (like in one of the below pictures) I really don't like how they look)

http://s889.photobucket.com/user/Sel...?sort=3&page=1
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ops12)
I don't like my teeth, my two front teeth are quite large. About 5-10 years ago i got 'fillers' put on my two teeth either side of my front teeth to make them look fuller so that my front teeth don't look so big in comparison, these fillers have since come off (i was told they would after a couple years by my dentist) but now the last time i went for a check up, i asked my dentist about re- doing them and she seemed uninterested and like she didn't want to do it, I asked her and she said something along the lines of 'well i supose i can but its not a nessecity, its just for cosmetic purposes as it wont improve the health of your teeth, so it may not be wise to waste your money on it' I know that if i really pushed her about it i probably could have got it done but im quite a introverted, awkward kinda person so I just left it, but now im regretting it, do you think I should seek help off a more 'cosmetic' dentist/doctor for this treatment? (pics of my teeth below incase you're interested, i dont think they look too bad face on but from the side and when i have my mouth half open (like in one of the below pictures) I really don't like how they look)

http://s889.photobucket.com/user/Sel...?sort=3&page=1
Yes but not on the NHS and you will need to pay for private treatment, then you can get what you want if you have the money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads