Turn on thread page Beta

Being physically bullied-need help watch

ReputationRep:
    I turned 13 earlier this month so I'm in Year 8, I've been bullied a lot during Year 7 and this first half of Year 8, but it's only just turned more physical since last week.

Last week, I'd got into the lift (I use it as I have mild dyspraxia) when three Year 10 boys jumped in and started pushing me. As they did this, I tried to step out so I could wait for it to stop afterwards, but they blocked me so I kept pressing the open button as one of my friends who also uses the lift was struggling to get in. My friend eventually gave up and the strongest of the three whacked my hand off the button and held my arm in a tight grip so I couldn't press it again. When he released my arm the lift was already going up, I was still being pushed against the lift wall and I was in a state of shock so I punched all three of them multiple times, the first time I'd ever had to hit someone in self-defense. They were still pushing me and swearing at me when we'd got out the lift, as they ran off to their pastoral coordinator, I went to my head of year. He'd let me calm down in his office while I told him what had happened. We both went to speak to the boys. We only found two of them as I didn't know the name of one of them. Both of them kept moaning on how it wasn't fair, they eventually apologised, however I was forced to apologise as well. When I apologised I tried to explain to them that I wouldn't of hit them if they didn't hit me but my head of year told me to stop as we'd apparently gone through it before with them (Did we?). We were then told to keep our separate ways.

Today, I was walking out of the PE corridors when about 4 or 5 people from my year started pushing me, one kid who bullied me before a ton of times pushed me really hard. I wasn't in a position to push him back because so many people were pushing me so I slapped him hard around the face, he viciously grabbed me and slammed me into the lockers, making me almost fall over. The same head of year saw what was happening at shouted at the kid pushing me, he replied by moaning about how I slapped him. The head of year told us both to come over in the corner so he could speak to us. The boy at first walked off but the head of year ran after him and shouted at him to come back so he did. The head of year asked us both of our perspectives and although I didn't get into trouble I was the only one who was forced to apologise. Later, at lunch, the same kid threatened me and later ran straight at me trying to push me over so I was forced to hit him again, no teachers or other staff were around then.

Now I've had to hit people in self-defense in three separate incidents it has definitely gone too far. My grandparents (who I live with) keep saying I should move school but I know that bullying is everywhere. I suggested to them about contacting the Board of Governers as none of the staff do enough about bullying but they said it isn't worth it. I just want to get ideas on how to stop it as me and my grandparents are really worried about it all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm sorry about what you're going through.

This is very bad, physical bullying.

You're absolutely correct, there is no need for you to apologise since you hit them in self defence.

Tell your teachers about what is happening or a higher authority. Make notes of times and witnesses and what they did to you.

It wasn't pleasant for me in school so what I did was at Lunch go into this special club room where we could have our lunch while playing games and o also stayed in the library at breaks.

I don't know what more to say as to maybe get their parents involved and maybe speak to an outside authority who can deal with this because this is very wrong.

You could also learn karate, self defence techniques.

ReputationRep:
    just go tell someone , do that or look up some batman fight combos , that's what i did once , next time my bully came at me .... lets just say i was ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    I'm sorry about what you're going through.

This is very bad, physical bullying.

You're absolutely correct, there is no need for you to apologise since you hit them in self defence.

Tell your teachers about what is happening or a higher authority. Make notes of times and witnesses and what they did to you.

It wasn't pleasant for me in school so what I did was at Lunch go into this special club room where we could have our lunch while playing games and o also stayed in the library at breaks.

I don't know what more to say as to maybe get their parents involved and maybe speak to an outside authority who can deal with this because this is very wrong.
    Our school has a special room like that but I don't like going to it as I feel isolated. The library is good but I hardly have time to go in there plus I keep needing to get passes to go in there. Also most of the staff don't do much about bullying, so I don't know who I should tell who's in higher authority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    just go tell someone , do that or look up some batman fight combos , that's what i did once , next time my bully came at me .... lets just say i was ready
    Thanks for the advice but it can't help me in my situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonicaD)
    This is NOT okay! I really hope you are okay. Please go tell someone, if it gets worse then I would suggest you try go to another school. No one should experience anything like this.
    What kind of person should I tell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClassicWhovian)
    Thanks for the advice but it can't help me in my situation
    why not

ReputationRep:
    why not
    As about all of the staff do hardly anything about bullying and I don't want to get into trouble by fighting
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Our school has a special room like that but I don't like going to it as I feel isolated. The library is good but I hardly have time to go in there plus I keep needing to get passes to go in there. Also most of the staff don't do much about bullying, so I don't know who I should tell who's in higher authority.
    Headteacher, vice principal there should be another few people who are just as important as the headteacher.

You could get their parents involved or you could move schools.

I wish it all works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    go to deputy head teacher or headteacher and report ur head of year too , make it big because this is your future , f them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Headteacher, vice principal there should be another few people who are just as important as the headteacher.

You could get their parents involved or you could move schools.

I wish it all works out for you.
    Thank you, I'll try and think

ReputationRep:
    As about all of the staff do hardly anything about bullying and I don't want to get into trouble by fighting
    it ain't fighting it's self defense , plus **** what staff think all they said to me when i was being bullied was to walk away from them and where did i end up with that..... humiliation and an empty stomach , justice ain't gonna dispense itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qam)
    go to deputy head teacher or headteacher and report ur head of year too , make it big because this is your future , f them
    It's the bullies faults, not the head of year, although he did make a mistake. Plus I said my school does hardly anything about bullying, including the principal

ReputationRep:
    "Batman fight combos" sure if you want to make yourself seem like a right idiot and possibly hurting yourself and getting yourself into trouble.

Go to the police if they assault you again, sure they dont care about authority if it is just teachers but I will bet the police will be a different matter

ReputationRep:
    report to your borough/council's edation department

ReputationRep:
    I turned 13 earlier this month so I'm in Year 8, I've been bullied a lot during Year 7 and this first half of Year 8, but it's only just turned more physical since last week.

Last week, I'd got into the lift (I use it as I have mild dyspraxia) when three Year 10 boys jumped in and started pushing me. As they did this, I tried to step out so I could wait for it to stop afterwards, but they blocked me so I kept pressing the open button as one of my friends who also uses the lift was struggling to get in. My friend eventually gave up and the strongest of the three whacked my hand off the button and held my arm in a tight grip so I couldn't press it again. When he released my arm the lift was already going up, I was still being pushed against the lift wall and I was in a state of shock so I punched all three of them multiple times, the first time I'd ever had to hit someone in self-defense. They were still pushing me and swearing at me when we'd got out the lift, as they ran off to their pastoral coordinator, I went to my head of year. He'd let me calm down in his office while I told him what had happened. We both went to speak to the boys. We only found two of them as I didn't know the name of one of them. Both of them kept moaning on how it wasn't fair, they eventually apologised, however I was forced to apologise as well. When I apologised I tried to explain to them that I wouldn't of hit them if they didn't hit me but my head of year told me to stop as we'd apparently gone through it before with them (Did we?). We were then told to keep our separate ways.

Today, I was walking out of the PE corridors when about 4 or 5 people from my year started pushing me, one kid who bullied me before a ton of times pushed me really hard. I wasn't in a position to push him back because so many people were pushing me so I slapped him hard around the face, he viciously grabbed me and slammed me into the lockers, making me almost fall over. The same head of year saw what was happening at shouted at the kid pushing me, he replied by moaning about how I slapped him. The head of year told us both to come over in the corner so he could speak to us. The boy at first walked off but the head of year ran after him and shouted at him to come back so he did. The head of year asked us both of our perspectives and although I didn't get into trouble I was the only one who was forced to apologise. Later, at lunch, the same kid threatened me and later ran straight at me trying to push me over so I was forced to hit him again, no teachers or other staff were around then.

Now I've had to hit people in self-defense in three separate incidents it has definitely gone too far. My grandparents (who I live with) keep saying I should move school but I know that bullying is everywhere. I suggested to them about contacting the Board of Governers as none of the staff do enough about bullying but they said it isn't worth it. I just want to get ideas on how to stop it as me and my grandparents are really worried about it all.
    Sorry to hear that you have experienced such I would highly recommend switching schools it solved my bullying problem and issues it was verbal so not the same.But switching schools could give you a new start and it is what you just might need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    "Batman fight combos" sure if you want to make yourself seem like a right idiot and possibly hurting yourself and getting yourself into trouble.

Go to the police if they assault you again, sure they dont care about authority if it is just teachers but I will bet the police will be a different matter
    Yeh i definitely felt like an idiot when those bullies ran away and never picked on me again with my friends cheering me on , yep a real idiot

ReputationRep:
    My head of year is gonna have a speak to me tomorrow to help me, so it'll be better hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    My head of year is gonna have a speak to me tomorrow to help me, so it'll be better hopefully.
    I hope it does.

If not tell them it was just anti bullying week :P

But seriously if they don't do anything talk to someone higher up etc until someone does something. This shouldn't be happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    I hope it does.

If not tell them it was just anti bullying week :P

But seriously if they don't do anything talk to someone higher up etc until someone does something. This shouldn't be happening.
    Thanks for the advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.