timpelt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I moved to the uk and I need a better computer to study on, i want to be able to render videos on it and I dont want to be to heavy and not to expensive lol and where do you buy computers in the uk? Whats populur sites
lcschofield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Curry’s PC World
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
>Not expensive
>Laptop which can render videos quickly
pick one.

Seriously though try and find a 4 core intel, unless you are doing modelling work, then you'd need to throw dedicated graphics into the mix. I'd recommend laptopsdirect, amazon, and of course pcworld. Also scan and ebuyer are good.
Draconid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ebuyer, are really good with prices, i've brought stuff from them loads of times.
GamingAnonymous
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lcschofield)
Curry’s PC World
Definitely NOT Currys PC World!
They charge twice the price of other places.

If you need a computer, choose one from a place where you can customise the parts (CyberPowerPC for example) or build your own (Seriously, really easy these days). You need a good CPU.
Any recent i5 or better would do. (Or a Ryzen 5 if you swing that way )

EDIT: You probably want a laptop right. In that case go to Currys you pleb feel free to waste some money
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by timpelt)
Hi
I moved to the uk and I need a better computer to study on, i want to be able to render videos on it and I dont want to be to heavy and not to expensive lol and where do you buy computers in the uk? Whats populur sites
Amazon would probably be the best place
152mmOfDerp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
These are all some choices

Amazon UK
Aria PC
BT Shop
Box Limited
CCL Computers
Ebuyer
Eclipse Computers
Kustom PCs
Laptops Direct
More Computers
Novatech
Overclockers.co.uk
Scan.co.uk

If portability isn't important then I'd strongly recommend a Desktop. Building is generally the best but you can find a very small handful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads