The Student Room Group

My boyfriend ignored my birthday

We've been together for 4 months now. This is long distance relationship, but we talk everyday and see each other as often as we can. He already told me he loved me. But yesterday he completely ignored my birthday. We talked as usual, and he didn't say anything. Even after I mentioned that it was my birthday he said nothing. I didn't think that he would forget it, because we talked about birthdays couple of weeks ago: his daughter's birthday is the day after mine so he told me about the plans he made for her.
I would not bother usually (even my parents forget my birthday, so I'm used to it), but for the guy who claims to love me and care about me, this is surprising. Isn't it?
(edited 6 years ago)
that's not ok - you deserve better than that.
tell him how it made you feel and that he needs to do better
He sounds quite childish, not even saying anything after you'd reminded him that it was your birthday. It's not like it's a difficult date to remember either if his daughter's birthday is the day after.
Reply 3
Original post by MissPissedOff
We've been together for 4 months now. This is long distance relationship, but we talk everyday and see each other as often as we can. He already told me he loved me. But yesterday he completely ignored my birthday. We talked as usual, and he didn't say anything. Even after I mentioned that it was my birthday he said nothing. I didn't think that he would forget it, because we talked about birthdays couple of weeks ago: his daughter's birthday is the day after mine so he told me about the plans he made for her.
I would not bother usually (even my parents forget my birthday, so I'm used to it), but for the guy who claims to love me and care about me, this is surprising. Isn't it?

it's out of order imo....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending