The Student Room Group

The hate campaign against David Icke

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ALL888
I couldn't care less. You seem to be trying to divert attention by using anti-semitism weaponry. What concerns me is that there is a group of some 5 to 6 thousand people who own or control all the banks, the media, Western goverments, many of whom are Jews, who are trying to establish a New World Order, which is basically a feudal system with them at the top and a manageable slave population of about 500 million, none of whom are White.

No, I'm not diverting attention. I am questioning your use of definitions, which is simply a good faith means to ensure that you are properly understood. What I am interested in is that you are jumping through hoops not to say 'Jews' when it is abundantly clear that this is what you are driving at. This is evidenced insofar as you imply that you only take issue with 'Israeli trillionaires' (of which there are none) and then try to somehow define an 'Israeli' in contradistinction to a 'Jew' based on Zionism. But it seems odd to say all Zionists are Israeli when it is a simple matter of fact that people with no Jewish heritage and no ties to Israel can be - and are - in favour of a Jewish state.

Then you bleat on a bit about 'goyim' which stands in distinction to 'Jewish', not 'Israeli'. You're churning out old tropes, but hey, knock yourself out. Your agenda is clear.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by gjd800
No, I'm not diverting attention. I am questioning your use of definitions, which is simply a good faith means to ensure that you are properly understood. What I am interested in is that you are jumping through hoops not to say 'Jews' when it is abundantly clear that this is what you are driving at. This is evidenced insofar as you imply that you only take issue with 'Israeli trillionaires' (of which there are none) and then try to somehow define an 'Israeli' in contradistinction to a 'Jew' based on Zionism. But it seems odd to say all Zionists are Israeli when it is a simple matter of fact that people with no Jewish heritage and no ties to Israel can be - and are - in favour of a Jewish state.

Then you bleat on a bit about 'goyim' which stands in distinction to 'Jewish', not 'Israeli'. You're churning out old tropes, but hey, knock yourself out. Your agenda is clear.

What about the New World Order? Are you saying it doesn't exist?
Reply 22
Original post by ALL888
What about the New World Order? Are you saying it doesn't exist?

I don't buy into the NWO rhetoric, though not for reasons you might think. That is not to say that I'm oblivious to moneymen (of whatever race, gender, whatever else) influencing global politics and doing terrible things on the sly, only that I refuse to buy into the tropes that apparently go with the NWO thing generally. Tropes which you have unfortunately either alluded to or directly cited.
Reply 23
Has anyone tried watching one of his 10 hour shows? I don't believe a word he says but i find it all fascinating so I ended up watching a few hours of it!
Reply 24
Original post by gjd800
I don't buy into the NWO rhetoric, though not for reasons you might think. That is not to say that I'm oblivious to moneymen (of whatever race, gender, whatever else) influencing global politics and doing terrible things on the sly, only that I refuse to buy into the tropes that apparently go with the NWO thing generally. Tropes which you have unfortunately either alluded to or directly cited.

Give an example of a trope that you do not buy into.
Original post by QE2
In most cases it's not "hate", it's "ridicule".

However, the proffesionally offended and career victims often have difficulty telling the difference.

I seem to recall that a media standards authority rejected complaints that Icke was antisemitic essentially on the grounds that his content was too mad to be racist. The idea that "lizard people" was a euphemism for "Jews" fell down when it became apparent that Icke is so mad he actually means "lizard people" literally.

The difference between Icke and someone like Alex Jones is that Jones has at least vaguely identifiable real political motives and views that his conspiracy theories are intended to promote. Icke is too crazy for any clear-cut real-life worldview to really be apparent.
Original post by gjd800
Out of the zero trillionaires in the world today, zero of them are 'Israeli' (code for Jewish, right?).

Israeli means they're from Israel, genius.
Reply 27
Original post by Chaz254
Israeli means they're from Israel, genius.

Not according to your man up there it doesn't.

Genius.
Original post by anarchism101
I seem to recall that a media standards authority rejected complaints that Icke was antisemitic essentially on the grounds that his content was too mad to be racist. The idea that "lizard people" was a euphemism for "Jews" fell down when it became apparent that Icke is so mad he actually means "lizard people" literally.

The difference between Icke and someone like Alex Jones is that Jones has at least vaguely identifiable real political motives and views that his conspiracy theories are intended to promote. Icke is too crazy for any clear-cut real-life worldview to really be apparent.

He Seems to be equally liked by the far left and the far right and iirc supported Trump in the US and Corbyn in the UK- more evidence if horseshoe theory in action 😂 Piers Corbyn is a fan too

I actually quite like his stuff and whilst I don’t believe it most people who dismiss him as mad wouldn’t last ten minutes in a debate with him.
Reply 29
Original post by Davij038

I actually quite like his stuff and whilst I don’t believe it most people who dismiss him as mad wouldn’t last ten minutes in a debate with him.

Being a good debater doesn't distract from the fact that his views are completely irrational.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Notnek
Being a good debater doesn't distract from the fact that his views are completely irrational.

I don’t want to be misconstrued as supporting Ike or believing him- I don’t.

But I don’t think they’re irrational at least not completely . As he says- if your first focus is on the queen is s giant lizard then yeah you’re naturally going to be like this is ridiculous- but if you look at patterns from history etc- he has reasons for believing what he didn’t just come out of thin air.

Case in point. I do not believe that the US government staged 9/11- but I don’t think such a view is irrational either.
Reply 31
Original post by Davij038
Case in point. I do not believe that the US government staged 9/11- but I don’t think such a view is irrational either.

Believing in an extraordinary claim with no evidence is irrational in my opinion. These people want it to be true so much for some reason that they don't think about how huge/impossible a cover up it would need to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending