The Student Room Group

How is your first year of university so far?

How are you finding your first year? Is there anything you would have changed about it? Did you meet a lot of new people?

I have found so many new friends here at university of Kent, my assignments and exams are all going well so I am loving mine! I couldn't even ask for a better first year :tongue:

What about you?

Scroll to see replies

My time summed up in a pic:

Spoiler

It's fun and interesting, I learn a lot. Have many friends, girlfriends and good profressors
Original post by Kevin Hodge

Spoiler

:rofl::rofl:
Original post by 214508
It's fun and interesting, I learn a lot. Have many friends, girlfriends and good profressors

Aw, that's lovely to hear! (wait.. Girlfriend's', how many do you have? Jk :rofl: )
Rather awful. Feel like I've wasted my 'fresher experience' being sat in waiting rooms
It's going well! I've seen Ian McKellen at the Student Union and I'm seeing Stephen Hawking tonight. I've started doing Archery, I've been told that my essays are improving by my supervisor, and I'm also going to start helping out at the chapel next term. It has been crazy but everyone has been so nice! I've made some hopefully lifelong friends and I wouldn't change a single thing. There have been tough moments (phone has stopped working properly as I got caught up in a rainstorm and my homesickness has been pretty bad) but I am definitely enjoying it. I feel like I'm finally with people who are like myself and I'm really enjoying the work. There is A LOT of work but I enjoy every minute of it. I need to work on my procrastination as I tend to procrastinate doing my work but once I get started I just have so much fun! :biggrin:

Not drunk alcohol or been to a single nightclub, but still having the time of my life.
Shite, hate my degree but parents won't let me leave.
Original post by CoolCavy
Rather awful. Feel like I've wasted my 'fresher experience' being sat in waiting rooms

Hey Cavy! Missed you a lot. Sorry to hear about your freshers :sad:

Original post by Unknown-99
Shite, hate my degree but parents won't let me leave.

Awww, sorry to hear about this, it must be difficult :frown:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
It's going well! I've seen Ian McKellen at the Student Union and I'm seeing Stephen Hawking tonight. I've started doing Archery, I've been told that my essays are improving by my supervisor, and I'm also going to start helping out at the chapel next term. It has been crazy but everyone has been so nice! I've made some hopefully lifelong friends and I wouldn't change a single thing. There have been tough moments (phone has stopped working properly as I got caught up in a rainstorm and my homesickness has been pretty bad) but I am definitely enjoying it. I feel like I'm finally with people who are like myself and I'm really enjoying the work. There is A LOT of work but I enjoy every minute of it. I need to work on my procrastination as I tend to procrastinate doing my work but once I get started I just have so much fun! :biggrin:

Not drunk alcohol or been to a single nightclub, but still having the time of my life.

Omg! That's brilliant, you are having such an eventful year tbh :tongue: You are meeting all the famous people, I envy that :biggrin:

Would you mind if I asked which university you go to?

I have been drinking alcohol but I haven't been to nightclubs either, I think nightclubs are a waste of time anyway :cute:
Original post by Steljoy
Hey Cavy! Missed you a lot. Sorry to hear about your freshers :sad:

Awww, sorry to hear about this, it must be difficult :frown:

awww steljoy you are so lovely :hugs: and that is ok, probably is for the best in the long term i guess, might do a fresher's take two for myself next year if i feel better :colondollar:
glad to hear you are enjoying uni, hope you smash it :five:

Spoiler

It was cool many new friends and parties 🎉
The deadest part of life so far :colonhash:
Original post by Steljoy
Aw, that's lovely to hear! (wait.. Girlfriend's', how many do you have? Jk :rofl: )

I can't even get one
Original post by Steljoy
Omg! That's brilliant, you are having such an eventful year tbh :tongue: You are meeting all the famous people, I envy that :biggrin:

Would you mind if I asked which university you go to?

I have been drinking alcohol but I haven't been to nightclubs either, I think nightclubs are a waste of time anyway :cute:

Cambridge University hehe :colondollar:
Original post by CoolCavy
awww steljoy you are so lovely :hugs: and that is ok, probably is for the best in the long term i guess, might do a fresher's take two for myself next year if i feel better :colondollar:
glad to hear you are enjoying uni, hope you smash it :five:

Freshers take two sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you have a great time in next one! :colondollar:

Thank you!! I want to wish you the best of luck on your course :h:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Cambridge University hehe :colondollar:

Wow, well done! I couldn't get into Cambridge but I am happy with Kent :h:

Spoiler

Too much on point lol

Original post by Steljoy
How are you finding your first year? Is there anything you would have changed about it? Did you meet a lot of new people?

I have found so many new friends here at university of Kent, my assignments and exams are all going well so I am loving mine! I couldn't even ask for a better first year :tongue:

What about you?

Well, it's okay so far. I'm a person who shifted subjects in the wrong time I guess. Did Sciences in A levels and changed to Business in Uni. Not the very bad decision considering its not very challenging. Just gotta study a lot. :frown:
And yeah, the only thing I'm good in is Microeconomics I guess..else I'm bad in everything because I ended up with theoretical subjects this time :rofl: :frown:
Reply 19
painful

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest