The Student Room Group

7 months a long time!

Hi,

I am pulling my hair out trying to get my SF sorted. I am a returning student, after a 1 year gap. The first year went smoothly. This year has been a complete nightmare.

I have provided all the evidence required back in April, sometimes twice as its been misplaced.

Each time I call, new evidence is required and I don't think I can speak to the people on the phone anymore as I am just losing the will. I am a mother of 5, and I am struggling to pay rent, childcare and travel on a low income, whilst I study to better my future!

I'm this close to giving up.

Any advice on where to go from here? The last call I made, yesterday, I was advised, AGAIN, that my application was not processing due to lack of evidence. (evidence of my children, which has been provided before and which returning students don't need to provide again???).

I just want to be sure the university is paid its fee and that i can move forward financially. Its not like its a gift! We pay the money back!
Original post by mum_of_5
Hi,

I am pulling my hair out trying to get my SF sorted. I am a returning student, after a 1 year gap. The first year went smoothly. This year has been a complete nightmare.

I have provided all the evidence required back in April, sometimes twice as its been misplaced.

Each time I call, new evidence is required and I don't think I can speak to the people on the phone anymore as I am just losing the will. I am a mother of 5, and I am struggling to pay rent, childcare and travel on a low income, whilst I study to better my future!

I'm this close to giving up.

Any advice on where to go from here? The last call I made, yesterday, I was advised, AGAIN, that my application was not processing due to lack of evidence. (evidence of my children, which has been provided before and which returning students don't need to provide again???).

I just want to be sure the university is paid its fee and that i can move forward financially. Its not like its a gift! We pay the money back!

Hi mum_of_5,

I apologist that you are extremely frustrated with regards to your funding.

As we cannot discuss individual cases on The Student Room I would advise that you call our contact center and request to speak to one of the team managers who will be happy to assist you with your account.

Tel: 0300 100 0607

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending