The Student Room Group

Acid Attack At School

I was carrying out a chemistry experiment when another boy insisted on using my equipment and chemicals that I had just preparing. I politely told him no, to which he became aggressive and started to push me out of my place by equipment. I stood my ground and resisted his pushing when he suddenly shouted "Why are you pushing me?"

Before I knew it acid soaked my clothes and he had smashed his conical flask, similar to that of how a drunkard would before a fight. The whole class had been alerted by the noise, but his thick 6 foot frame had me pinned in a corner and was already rapidly punching me in my gut. I chose to raise my hands a sign of innocence as I knew retaliation would incriminate myself, however this made me vulnerable to his sledgehammer punches.

A few seconds later the teacher had realized what had happened and ordered us to come to the front. I had to be sent home to change while he stayed at school and continued the lesson. At the time of writing, my skin is itchy due to the irritation of the acid and I do not know what to do.

Were my acts justified? Am I safe? Will this happen again? Is this legal?Did he intentionally throw the acid?

My head is spinning and I am traumatized at what has just happened

Scroll to see replies

I'll call the police personally.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Is what he did illegal?
STEM wars :emo:

your school should take appropriate disciplinary action against your assailant; they could involve the police if necessary.
Original post by Anonymous

Yep, if what OP said was true I'm pretty sure it's assault.
Original post by pbateman112
Is what he did illegal?

An acid attack is an acid attack is it not?
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
STEM wars :emo:

your school should take appropriate disciplinary action against your assailant; they could involve the police if necessary.

What appropriate action should be taken?
What appropriate action should be taken?

i am not familiar with the punishment regime at your establishment; a typical school would start off with a verbal rebuke; this can be escalated to a detention/litter picking... then we are talking suspension and finally expulsion.
there used to be options for thrashing the blighters but those are no longer officially available.
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
i am not familiar with the punishment regime at your establishment; a typical school would start off with a verbal rebuke; this can be escalated to a detention/litter picking... then we are talking suspension and finally expulsion.
there used to be options for thrashing the blighters but those are no longer officially available.

Would the punishment be different if the boy was a persistent offender, e.g. is often in detentions and on report?
Would the punishment be different if the boy was a persistent offender, e.g. is often in detentions and on report?

it is entirely possible. if this malefactor is on a final warning then this incident could be his last.
Thank you for your help. I will keep this updated on his status.
I like your expression i would reading it over and over again
I believe that's classed as a physical assault. If the teacher is not taking action then the police should. The acid is irrelevant, it could've been any acid. Any teacher who doesn't take action against someone punching another in the gut, girl or boy, shouldn't be a teacher at all if you ask me.
I was carrying out a chemistry experiment when another boy insisted on using my equipment and chemicals that I had just preparing. I politely told him no, to which he became aggressive and started to push me out of my place by equipment. I stood my ground and resisted his pushing when he suddenly shouted "Why are you pushing me?"

Before I knew it acid soaked my clothes and he had smashed his conical flask, similar to that of how a drunkard would before a fight. The whole class had been alerted by the noise, but his thick 6 foot frame had me pinned in a corner and was already rapidly punching me in my gut. I chose to raise my hands a sign of innocence as I knew retaliation would incriminate myself, however this made me vulnerable to his sledgehammer punches.

A few seconds later the teacher had realized what had happened and ordered us to come to the front. I had to be sent home to change while he stayed at school and continued the lesson. At the time of writing, my skin is itchy due to the irritation of the acid and I do not know what to do.

Were my acts justified? Am I safe? Will this happen again? Is this legal?Did he intentionally throw the acid?

My head is spinning and I am traumatized at what has just happened

Have you had a shower to wash off any acid on you? If not, do and if irritation gets too bad pop into a pharmacy or call your doctor for advice.
I really think your school should have washed you off before sending you home.

As far as the incident goes, get your parents to bring it up with school tomorrow. If they do not take it seriously threaten to get the police involved.
Even if the acid was am accident punching you wasn't and that is assault. It needs to be taken seriously by school and if it isn't police is the only option.

I hope you're doing okay. It must have been really scary for you.
So the chemistry department has decided to punish both of us equally and I will receive an after school detention this Thursday. I have attempted reconciliation with the student and he seems genuinely remorseful. I do not want to see him receive a criminal conviction so I'm going to drop the issue.

Thank you for the love and support, it has helped me better process the events of today and make me feel safer.
So the chemistry department has decided to punish both of us equally and I will receive an after school detention this Thursday. I have attempted reconciliation with the student and he seems genuinely remorseful. I do not want to see him receive a criminal conviction so I'm going to drop the issue.

Thank you for the love and support, it has helped me better process the events of today and make me feel safer.

He was punching you?

At my school if you get in a fight or something you are excluded - at LEAST get a 90 minute detention (the most my school does :P)
I do not want to see him receive a criminal conviction so I'm going to drop the issue.

Why did you even make this thread if you are going to let it go...

They are probably remorseful because they know they are going to get into a lot of trouble, not because they are genuinely sorry. They sound like they can't control their anger and deserve to be punished, smashing the glass could be considered a weapon and then actually assaulting you! I think you're being played and coming off as a push-over :s-smilie:
Reply 17
you should do something about it ,
Original post by qam
you should do something about it ,

what should i do?
Report it to the police

Quick Reply