Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello guys, I am sorry that I am writing this here but need to get this off my chest. I am in my final year at university, and I haven't made any friends, and I got no one to talk during the breaks and before/after lectures. I am a very timid person.... I feel like this is the worst I have ever been, I keep getting bad grades, and I scared to fail my last year and don't graduate.
    Once again I am sorry, I had to write this here because I go no one to talk about this.

Thanks, V.

ReputationRep:
    I'll talk to you! Message me if you ever feel like talking to someone, lol.

Please helo
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello guys, I am sorry that I am writing this here but need to get this off my chest. I am in my final year at university, and I haven't made any friends, and I got no one to talk during the breaks and before/after lectures. I am a very timid person.... I feel like this is the worst I have ever been, I keep getting bad grades, and I scared to fail my last year and don't graduate.
    Once again I am sorry, I had to write this here because I go no one to talk about this.

Thanks, V.
    Have you spoken to your uni's student support? They might be able to help you with you grades and can also get you in touch with the counselling service at your uni which I think could help you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Have you spoken to your uni's student support? They might be able to help you with you grades and can also get you in touch with the counselling service at your uni which I think could help you
    Hello kind red

(Original post by DYoverDX)
    Hello kind red
    Hello
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Try not to let it affect you or distract you from your studies too much! If you're a naturally shy person, it's not easy to approach people and make friends, but that's perfectly okay. We're all different. You will have other chances in life to meet people but if it's really upsetting you and you wish for friends, I know it's hard, but you'll have to step out of your comfort zone once in a while to reap the rewards!

(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks, V.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to the people who are in your lectures or in your halls. They will appreciate it. (Most of them, if they don't then they are not keepers.) People will always take advice and will always need help in the last year of their study.

ReputationRep:

Join a club/society you're interested in? Bound to meet some cats there. As for the grades, talk to your personal advisor about it. If it's affecting you mentally try to access counselling service too.

The world is unfortunately centred around extroversion, but timid people have their own talents so you don't have to be loud to make friends; but courage you will need. Rooting for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.