The Student Room Group

Currently sat in school, alone and crying

I have a free lesson at the moment and I’m sat in the corner of the room scrolling though my phone listening to music and I just can’t stop the tears. It’s not full on crying but tears are just rolling out of my eyes! I constantly feel like I need to cry but I can’t let it out when I’m in my bedroom, it has to be when I’m in school! I feel like an idiot and don’t want to get up now in case someone notices 😂

Scroll to see replies

Do you know why you're crying?
Original post by Anonymous
I have a free lesson at the moment and I’m sat in the corner of the room scrolling though my phone listening to music and I just can’t stop the tears. It’s not full on crying but tears are just rolling out of my eyes! I constantly feel like I need to cry but I can’t let it out when I’m in my bedroom, it has to be when I’m in school! I feel like an idiot and don’t want to get up now in case someone notices 😂

Seriously... Don't beat yourself up for feeling a little emotional. It happens. Nobody is judging you and you're going to be okay.
I would also like to add that when I was in sixth form, I would also find myself crying like that. It's most likely due to stress, I hope you feel better soon :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Do you know why you're crying?

Just too much time too think about my life I think
I feel you,i sometimes do the same when i think too much
Just too much time too think about my life I think

Ahh I relate to you completely. It can be overwhelming when you have too much free time to just think! But crying is a good thing as it means you're not suppressing things :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I feel sad to hear you’ve been crying in school :frown:
I cried on a few occasions also. Is there more to this than what you’re saying, and would you like to say more?
I always feel emotional in school. I don’t know what it is but sometimes I’ll be in class writing and my eyes will start filling. I just get emotional lol
Let it all out :hugs:
Indeed :smile: We're only human.

I was at uni till 8pm yesterday pretty much feeling depressed. Sometimes you just gotta let it all out. Crying is one way to do it.
Original post by Kevin Hodge
I was at uni till 8pm yesterday pretty much feeling depressed. Sometimes you just gotta let it all out. Crying is one way to do it.

Day off uni today-I was crying in my bedroom-sat in a corner with sad music playing. 😊😊😊
Day off uni today-I was crying in my bedroom-sat in a corner with sad music playing. 😊😊😊

Did it make you feel better?
Reply 14
you should be like me and cry with no shame who cares who sees you cry , everyone cries , its okay to cry , so you do you & hope you feel better soon xx

awwww thats sad man. i hope everything is okay at home and in ur life in general, and yh like the others here are saying crying does make it feel better, but at times u just feel like i wanna stop the tears, but i cant, i taught myself a long time ago, that tears werent exactly the answer to all my problems, i had to keep it in, put on a strong face and face whatever was happening, I dont have much experience btw, some of my mates have gone through the same issue, if they had something going on, but all i told them was 'u have ppl there for u, dont show ppl ur weak, show them that ur strong' dammn such a good quote now i read it :biggrin::biggrin: anyways hope this helps xx
Original post by Lepidolite
I feel sad to hear you’ve been crying in school :frown:
I cried on a few occasions also. Is there more to this than what you’re saying, and would you like to say more?

I’m just not happy in general. I HATE the way I look. I literally have no friends( this doesn’t bother me too much anymore though I’m used to it now). I have social anxiety. This boy that I have liked for years has started messaging me but my mother and older siblings don’t like him and because of my anxiety i just send short reply’s whenever he messages and the last few days he hasn’t been messaging me much and I’m worried I’m throwing my chance away. It may seem weird but I try to cry when I’m in the shower or my bedroom and nothing will come out but when I’m sat in school, my eyes often fill up but today it was a lot more than normal.
Thanks all, you’re so helpful 😊 it’s just so annoying because I constantly feel like I need to cry and 99% of the time i hold it in quite well but when there is no one about I can’t let it out. I don’t want people to see me cry and luckily today I managed to not let anyone see.

Wish I could do that TBH. I would be too self conscious and scared to cry in school

Idk why lmao
Thanks all, you’re so helpful 😊 it’s just so annoying because I constantly feel like I need to cry and 99% of the time i hold it in quite well but when there is no one about I can’t let it out. I don’t want people to see me cry and luckily today I managed to not let anyone see.

The times I want to cry the most are after I've left my house to go to school (thanks brain)

Quick Reply

Latest