I lost my phone on the bus, please help

Watch
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Last week Thursday i lost my phone. I was on the bus and on the last stop when the bus terminated i left my phone on the chair. I literally still cannot believe this happend to me.

When i got home i rang my phone and a woman picked up saying she realised someone lost it and gave me her number so i could contact her to get it back.

The problem, however, is that when i call her number on my mumsor dads phone , it does not pick up

Anytime i call the number it rings for 1 second and then i get the message of 'call ended'. I have tried calling this woman several times with the same outcome.

When i call other people on my mums and dads phone everything is fine, it is just that womans number that is not picking up. What does that mean?

I cannot call my mobile ohone because it directs me to voicemail which is no good. My phone battery at that time was low so i guess my phone must have died since then.

I need help. I do not know what to do.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blackstarr)
Last week Thursday i lost my phone. I was on the bus and on the last stop when the bus terminated i left my phone on the chair. I literally still cannot believe this happend to me.

When i got home i rang my phone and a woman picked up saying she realised someone lost it and gave me her number so i could contact her to get it back.

The problem, however, is that when i call her number on my mumsor dads phone , it does not pick up

Anytime i call the number it rings for 1 second and then i get the message of 'call ended'. I have tried calling this woman several times with the same outcome.

When i call other people on my mums and dads phone everything is fine, it is just that womans number that is not picking up. What does that mean?

I cannot call my mobile ohone because it directs me to voicemail which is no good. My phone battery at that time was low so i guess my phone must have died since then.

Call your network provider and tell them it's lost/potentially stolen
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago

Have you checked with the police and lost property or the bus company? If she wants to hand it in then she can.
Is it an expensive phone and did you have any tracking sogyware on it or have you disabled it?

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-track-android-phone
Blackstarr
(Original post by 999tigger)
Have you checked with the police and lost property or the bus company? If she wants to hand it in then she can.
Is it an expensive phone and did you have any tracking sogyware on it or have you disabled it?

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-track-android-phone
Its on old phone, the Iphone 4s.

I have checked with my nearest bus garage(where the buses terminate) but no avail.

I do not think i had any tracking sogyware.
Blackstarr
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Call your network provider and tell them it's lost/potentially stolen
if i do, what will they do.

My phone is not on contract whatsoever so i do not pay for anything monthly for it apart from credit for phone calls etc
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if i do, what will they do.

My phone is not on contract whatsoever so i do not pay for anything monthly for it apart from credit for phone calls etc
They'll probably track it.
Blackstarr
ohh right.
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If it's an i-phone I doubt you have a g-mail login connected to the phone?
Blackstarr
(Original post by iElvendork)
If it's an i-phone I doubt you have a g-mail login connected to the phone?
I do
iElvendork
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do
Have you tried to google 'find my phone' then? If you login in on both phone and laptop it should show you where it was at least last seen. Just checked with mine and it's a pretty accurate location
username2406123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is a rally cool adventure.

Go to the location...
Blackstarr
(Original post by iElvendork)
Have you tried to google 'find my phone' then? If you login in on both phone and laptop it should show you where it was at least last seen. Just checked with mine and it's a pretty accurate location
I have tried but my phone is not registered with it

I am not sure what you mean exactly
iElvendork
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have tried but my phone is not registered with it

I am not sure what you mean exactly
Phone doesn't have to be registered, the device just has be signed in with google
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Use find my iPhone, make sure it's in Lost mode and also use Play sound (even if it's offline, it'll set these to happen when the phone is next connected to the internet). Do you have the last location of the device?

Contact the police and your mobile phone provider.

The good thing with iPhones is: even if someone does try and steal your phone, there's not a lot they can do with it, as the phone is Activation locked to your Apple ID. :yep:
Blackstarr
do you know how?
R2D2IsASith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its on old phone, the Iphone 4s.

I have checked with my nearest bus garage(where the buses terminate) but no avail.

I do not think i had any tracking sogyware.
Sogyware
Blackstarr
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Use find my iPhone, make sure it's in Lost mode and also use Play sound (even if it's offline, it'll set these to happen when the phone is next connected to the internet). Do you have the last location of the device?

Contact the police and your mobile phone provider.

The good thing with iPhones is: even if someone does try and steal your phone, there's not a lot they can do with it, as the phone is Activation locked to your Apple ID. :yep:
I never created any account with find my iphone.

With my Apple ID i think i had a password issue with that earlier(before lsong my phone) so i do not know if i have a valid Apple ID.
Blackstarr
(Original post by R2D2IsASith)
Sogyware
i do not even know what that is hence i doubt i had it
R2D2IsASith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He meant "Software"
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I never created any account with find my iphone.

With my Apple ID i think i had a password issue with that earlier(before lsong my phone) so i do not know if i have a valid Apple ID.
Oh dear! :nope:

Well, it's passcode locked I'm presuming, so there's still some sort of security. If there's no find my iPhone, then you're really stuck...

Do call up your mobile phone provider though. :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
28.79%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.12%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.58%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
31.82%

Watched Threads