how do you revise for a level/a2 edexcel business? Watch

moonlight2018
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I study a level business edexcel (the linear course) and I'd like to know what other business students revision methods are and how I can revise better
So far I currently revise like this:
- Go through slideshows and documents that my teacher gives us and answer the sample/past paper questions on the slideshows
- Past paper questions (even if they're AS the old spec I use them because they're similar just different amount of marks and wording)
- I bought the textboks for all themes, theme 1 - 4 and use them to study
- i make my own tests by using questions from slideshows and answer them then mark myself
- quizlet for flashcards and tests
I started revising for theme 3 and 4 in September, I have the 3 exams next year, is it still enough time to revise themes 1 -2 before next June (I have Law and English Language as well btw) and how should I structure my revision timetable this xmas holidays to ensure I'm studying enough/not too much?

The A Level Edexcel Business exams are in June 2018:
Paper 1: Marketing, people and global businesses 9BS0 01
Thursday 7th June 2018
Paper 2: Business activities, decisions and strategy 9BS0 02
Monday 11th June 2018
Paper 3: Investigating business in a competitive environment 9BS0 03
Monday 18th June 2018
tpacs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, Im basically in the same boat as you. To be honest I just make revision notes. Writing out the definitions,advantages and disadvantages for each concept. What I really found helpful was recoding my notes after, this way it's easy for me to memorise what i've written and apply it to the case studies.
ugugyftufou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm predicted an A in business and i find it easy to find someone to test me, having knowledge that can be used in all three papers and a 8,10,12 and 20's:helps to secure those knowledge marks and you can then start your answer from your knowledge. Also wider knowledge of your market doesn't give the examiner to choice to give you application marks. (as long as it links to the question).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.04%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.74%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.91%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (28)
12.17%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30%

Watched Threads