Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am wanting to know if I can still get student finance if I already have a degree in nursing as I want to return to uni to study a different field of nursing
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sam2506)
    I am wanting to know if I can still get student finance if I already have a degree in nursing as I want to return to uni to study a different field of nursing
    Hi Sam2506,

What nursing course is it your thinking of doing?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Sam2506,

What nursing course is it your thinking of doing?

Thanks

Adult nursing and I'm mental health trained

Catherine
    Adult and I'm already mental health trained
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sam2506)
    Adult and I'm already mental health trained
    Hi Sam2506,

Healthcare professionals registered in their particular area to study another degree in a different healthcare area. For example, a registered adult nurse could study a psychiatric nursing or podiatry and receive funding from SFE. It is only when a customer wishes to study in the exact same area as they are already registered that we would stop any future funding due to previous study.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Sam2506,

Healthcare professionals registered in their particular area to study another degree in a different healthcare area. For example, a registered adult nurse could study a psychiatric nursing or podiatry and receive funding from SFE. It is only when a customer wishes to study in the exact same area as they are already registered that we would stop any future funding due to previous study.

Thanks

Catherine
    Great thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.