The Student Room Group

English

I’m pretty crap at English, can someone help?
Original post by Richlass
I’m pretty crap at English, can someone help?

Read books.
Reply 2
I can’t I’m dyslexic
I can’t I’m dyslexic

Never say never. Read books for dyslexic people.
I can’t I’m dyslexic

You can surely read this post.
Reply 5
Because someone is reading it out
Reply 6
I will have a reader in my exams but I don’t think that will be enough

Some of the greatest minds were dyslexic. Think of you disadvantages as an advantage....that is how blind people learn to see with their hands.

IMO English is a waste of time...I got a 7 and a 6 in Lit and Lang. You just need to talk about abstract things. General rule of thumb, the more abstract your essay is the higher your marks will be.

Then you won't be good enough. Cogito ego sum.
Reply 9
Thank you for your help, I will try to keep that in mind
Thank you for your help, I will try to keep that in mind

You are being quite vague. What are you studying and what are you good at? Give a rough idea of your predicted grades on all your subjects.
Reply 11
I’m produced a level 4 and am currently doing a Christmas carol, Romeo and Juliet, an inspector calls and war and conflict poems
I’m predicted a level 4 and am currently doing a Christmas carol, Romeo and Juliet, an inspector calls and war and conflict poems

Well as long as you get accepted to a sixth form you'll be fine. Unless you want to do an English based subject.
Reply 13
I am looking to do health and social in college to help me doing my profession in college
I am looking to do health and social in college to help me doing my profession in college

Well that's great!
Honestly GCSEs aren't everything. I learned the hard way. I sacrificed all my time revising and got A's and I'm still unhappy.....it's all about enjoying what you have until it's gone.
Reply 15
Thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest