The Student Room Group

Queen's College (Oxford) Applicants

Is there anyone on here that's applied to The Queen's College? Starting to feel like I'm the only one!

Scroll to see replies

Me! Glad to see fellow Queen's applicants :smile: Which subject are you applying for?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by chelgreen_29
Me! Glad to see fellow Queen's applicants :smile: Which subject are you applying for?

History & Politics! (LV100) You?
Straight law! I kept checking Queen's website to see if they've sent out any interview offers yet, but right now they've only sent out 5 subjects...
Straight law! I kept checking Queen's website to see if they've sent out any interview offers yet, but right now they've only sent out 5 subjects...

I'm guilty of doing the same haha, the wait is killing me
Original post by oliviaminor
I'm guilty of doing the same haha, the wait is killing me

Same. I feel like the invitation/rejection thing is in a few days time.
Same. I feel like the invitation/rejection thing is in a few days time.

Yeah, I have a feeling history invites will come through on Friday. Someone said it could be as late as thursday the 30th which would be the worst.. when are law interviews?
Yeah, I have a feeling history invites will come through on Friday. Someone said it could be as late as thursday the 30th which would be the worst.. when are law interviews?

By this time last year most colleges had already sent out law invites, while there haven't been any yet this year...law interviews are on 6/12 so I guess invites will be sent out by the end of this week.

When were history and politics sent out interview offers last year?
By this time last year most colleges had already sent out law invites, while there haven't been any yet this year...law interviews are on 6/12 so I guess invites will be sent out by the end of this week.

When were history and politics sent out interview offers last year?

History interviews are on the 6th as well. Last year Queen's history invites were sent out on the 25th. However joint school invites weren't sent until a few days later so I guess my hopes of getting an answer this week shouldn't be very high.
Hopefully we'll see each other there though!
History interviews are on the 6th as well. Last year Queen's history invites were sent out on the 25th. However joint school invites weren't sent until a few days later so I guess my hopes of getting an answer this week shouldn't be very high.
Hopefully we'll see each other there though!

Well they have to send the invites latest by 30/11 so I guess it's just a matter of time. But this wait is really killing me. I'm trying to distract myself with school work, hoping this will prevent me from checking my mailbox literally every minute!

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose Queen's in the first place?
Well they have to send the invites latest by 30/11 so I guess it's just a matter of time. But this wait is really killing me. I'm trying to distract myself with school work, hoping this will prevent me from checking my mailbox literally every minute!

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose Queen's in the first place?

Originally I wanted to apply to Christ Church, but I had to send in my predicted grades via e-mail and they're the only college that wouldn't accept it. I like the location on the high street, and the front quad, as well as the library I thought was quite impressive-looking. Though I haven't been to Oxford in years so I didn't have much to work with besides their website. I guess it just felt right!

How about you? What do you think about the Florey building haha? It's quite controversial
Originally I wanted to apply to Christ Church, but I had to send in my predicted grades via e-mail and they're the only college that wouldn't accept it. I like the location on the high street, and the front quad, as well as the library I thought was quite impressive-looking. Though I haven't been to Oxford in years so I didn't have much to work with besides their website. I guess it just felt right!

How about you? What do you think about the Florey building haha? It's quite controversial

Yeah Queen's feels like just right to me too - beautiful architectures, great location, close to law faculty! Well Florey building doesn't quite appeal to me on the outside, but I guess it's definitely a good social area. Just wondering if we get an interview, will we be living there during that time?
Yeah Queen's feels like just right to me too - beautiful architectures, great location, close to law faculty! Well Florey building doesn't quite appeal to me on the outside, but I guess it's definitely a good social area. Just wondering if we get an interview, will we be living there during that time?

I'm guessing there is a good chance that many interviewees will be staying in there. However, I can't imagine the Florey can house everyone so perhaps some will be staying in the upper year housing!

Also - Just read in an old thread that Queen's sent out deselection emails on the 22nd (Tuesday) last year.. and invites days later, so I'm hoping that's the case this year too :redface: If it's true then it feels a little better to be waiting so long!
I'm guessing there is a good chance that many interviewees will be staying in there. However, I can't imagine the Florey can house everyone so perhaps some will be staying in the upper year housing!

Also - Just read in an old thread that Queen's sent out deselection emails on the 22nd (Tuesday) last year.. and invites days later, so I'm hoping that's the case this year too :redface: If it's true then it feels a little better to be waiting so long!

Oh really! I thought they'd sent out invites/rejection on the same day, according to the subjects (from what I interpreted from their website). Hopefully all interviewees will get to stay in the same place so that we can meet each other!
Are you an international? If so, have you booked your flight tickets yet?
Oh really! I thought they'd sent out invites/rejection on the same day, according to the subjects (from what I interpreted from their website). Hopefully all interviewees will get to stay in the same place so that we can meet each other!
Are you an international? If so, have you booked your flight tickets yet?

Yes and yes! That'd be so much fun. I'm flying from Toronto on 12/3, If I get rejected I'll just go check out London unis I guess:frown:
Yes and yes! That'd be so much fun. I'm flying from Toronto on 12/3, If I get rejected I'll just go check out London unis I guess:frown:

I'm also an international! Haven't booked my flight yet, hope to wait till the offer is out as I reckon flights to uk from my home country is quite frequent everyday. What other unis have you applied? I've also applied for LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham, though I still haven't heard from any of them yet.
I'm also an international! Haven't booked my flight yet, hope to wait till the offer is out as I reckon flights to uk from my home country is quite frequent everyday. What other unis have you applied? I've also applied for LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham, though I still haven't heard from any of them yet.

I also applied to LSE, KCL and Edinburgh. Got offers from the latter two, just waiting on LSE and Oxford! Good luck with yours xx
I also applied to LSE, KCL and Edinburgh. Got offers from the latter two, just waiting on LSE and Oxford! Good luck with yours xx

Congrats on your offers! Guess it takes more time for law as it's quite a competitive subject. Hope we'll both get our Oxford interview invites soon!
Reply 18
Applied to queen's for experimental psychology :smile: was a tough choice between brasenose and queen's. I'm quite certain I will be rejected but I just want to know for certain as the wait is horrific. I won't be tooooo upset if I get rejected as I have my other four offers (Bristol Birmingham Leeds and Exeter) but would be a great opportunity
Original post by laurendean
Applied to queen's for experimental psychology :smile: was a tough choice between brasenose and queen's. I'm quite certain I will be rejected but I just want to know for certain as the wait is horrific. I won't be tooooo upset if I get rejected as I have my other four offers (Bristol Birmingham Leeds and Exeter) but would be a great opportunity

I'm sure you have fantastic grades and personal statement given your other offers! But true, the wait is terrible. I literally checked my mailbox every minute. :tongue:

Quick Reply