The Student Room Group

Why Can't I Keep Up With My Class Mates?

It seems I'm working really hard, (on average 3 hours of revision a night) and we're in early year 10, most of my friends don't even revise for a test, let a lone every day. Yet on my english lit mock exam I got a grade 2 (Grade F) and my other class mates are passing, everyone passed apart from me, there was even a kid who is really bad at english (Learning Difficulties) and is able to pass. It isn't because of iq, as I know mine is higher than most people. Yet even with hours of revision and an iq of 120 I still can't seem to get past a grade 2 in english lit!
Reply 1
I think you should stop caring so much about what other people are doing. The more time you spend stressing on where you are relative to everyone else, the less time you spend actually improving yourself.
3 hours in year 10 is toooo much. You need to dedicate 1 hour, by doing a work load will make things more complicated. You only just moved from year 9, and its fine to get a Grade 2 now. I've started year 11 and I am on a strong pass, and no one in our year is exceeding a grade higher than a strong pass. So I don't know how people in early year 10 are hitting the passes? Oh well. Just keep it simple now, and near may/june, do a little bit more revision day by day. Trust me, you will fly through year 11 if you do 1 hour a day in year 10, 3 hours is tooo much.
Original post by TheCoolStool
It seems I'm working really hard, (on average 3 hours of revision a night) and we're in early year 10, most of my friends don't even revise for a test, let a lone every day. Yet on my english lit mock exam I got a grade 2 (Grade F) and my other class mates are passing, everyone passed apart from me, there was even a kid who is really bad at english (Learning Difficulties) and is able to pass. It isn't because of iq, as I know mine is higher than most people. Yet even with hours of revision and an iq of 120 I still can't seem to get past a grade 2 in english lit!

How well do you feel you remember things when sat in the exam? You may be overloading yourself with so much revision so that your brain keeps hold of less information.
Reply 4
I'd scrap the pointless IQ tests and do some meaningful work

Quick Reply

Latest