Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does the defendant's actions have to be deliberate in order to constitute as a substantive cause of harm? For example, if someone forgets he has a phone and fails to call an ambulance on time, and as a result, the victim dies due to medical treatment being delayed, can D be found liable for the victim's death?? I've tried to find relevant case authority but I'm really struggling

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, tricky one. Have you checked e-law resources?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Hmm, tricky one. Have you checked e-law resources?
    Yeah I've tried... I'm not sure if it's a simple case of an existing duty of care or assumed responsibility coupled with failure to act as a 'reasonable man' as in this case, surely forgetting that you have your mobile on you is careless behaviour that most people would not do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.