The Student Room Group

marketing degree or business management

I'm currently in the process of applying for university next september. I have my choices and have filled in UCAS application......but I am struggling massively on the personal statement.

What did you guys find worked best for you? I have a draft I just feel like it's lacklustre
Original post by Dandelionfluff
I'm currently in the process of applying for university next september. I have my choices and have filled in UCAS application......but I am struggling massively on the personal statement.

What did you guys find worked best for you? I have a draft I just feel like it's lacklustre

why do you feel it's lacklustre?
Original post by claireestelle
why do you feel it's lacklustre?

Just reading it. It doesn't sound amazing. I have tonnes of experience and transferrable skills that I have put in but it just doesn't read well. Any tips?
Just reading it. It doesn't sound amazing. I have tonnes of experience and transferrable skills that I have put in but it just doesn't read well. Any tips?

have you showed what you're learned from your experiences and why that's motivated you to choose that course?
Original post by claireestelle
have you showed what you're learned from your experiences and why that's motivated you to choose that course?

yeah. I also conveyed my ambition and what I hope to do with my degree
yeah. I also conveyed my ambition and what I hope to do with my degree

then i wouldnt be too hard on yourself if you've covered that :smile:
You can always check your PS against all the TSR personal statement resources (in my signature below) and see if it fits :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending