The Student Room Group

Struggling to write PGCE personal statement: help!

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if this has already been raised as a discussion but I am really struggling with my PGCE application. I am passionate about teaching as it's the only thing I want to do but yet I just can't seem to find the motivation or inspiration to write my personal statement. I have completed everything else so it's just this holding me back at the minute.

Does anyone have any advice where to start? Or any motivational things that helped you! Thanks in advance!
Me too...currently staying up into the wee hours is the only way I can really tap into the flow. It's difficult to try and get everything across whilst having to be so concise! Also, kinda hard not to sound so cheesy...I began by outlining a few key sections, bullet pointing key points (why teaching, traits that will - hopefully - make me a good teacher, the relevance of my degree, school experience and observations, what I feel makes a classroom work, my interests that I'd like to bring to school etc). However this is proving to go waaaay over the character limit, so try not to go overboard in the initial planning stage like me.
write about your desire and passion to want to influence the next generation, that you realize teaching isn't only about finding a job to earn financial gain, but also to be able to give back to your students and inspire them to become great individuals that will benefit society. Imagine the impact you can make, as a teacher you can impact many lives in a more personal and lingering impact then most people can!! Also depending on the age, you can actually develop children. Despite time spent at home and the obvious development that occurs there. School is a major portion of a child and persons life. You generally have an ability to integrate individuals into society and mold them to become successful well rounded individuals!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending