Which course would be better? Psychology OR Criminology and Social Policy?

Watch
emmamm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I'm applying to university and I'm really interested in these courses:
Psychology
Criminology and Social Policy

There is also Sociology and Social Policy.

Which of these courses would be better to do and have more opportunities in the work place and more reputable?
Hijikata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on your interests and what field you want to go into. In Psychology you'll gain better statistical skills and the degree itself is better tailored for specific fields which may require further training: counselling and a psychologist professions for example. Sociology/social policy on the other hand would equip you better for careers such as journalism/politics in my view, but the degree itself is obviously not a necessary prerequisite.
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why not pick one as your degree subject and the other as an elective? In Scotland the grades mean nothing in the first 2 years and you can choose different elective modules to get a taste for each subject then change your degree for 3rd year onwards. my degree is psychology but i am doing sociology (attached to criminology and social policy) and philosophy (which is attached to law). this is at Stirling but it may be different in other parts of the UK and different universities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.6%
I'm not sure (32)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.59%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (350)
48.08%

Watched Threads