The Student Room Group

Decide which Uni?!?

I am an A-level student studying at A2 English Lit; Psychology; Drama; Portuguese and I am trying to decide which UNI to go into to study English Literature with/and Creative Writing, currently my options are:

LANCASTER
UEA
WARWICK
BRUNEL
KENT
EXETER
BIRMINGHAM

Which of these would be the best and any other suggestions???
There's this website that you can use to see how UK universities compare to one another for each subject: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=english

I'm assuming you more or less know your predicted grades by now, and thats why you have your current list of universities. Looking at these, for English in general, Exeter is the best followed by Birmingham, Warwick, Lancaster and then Kent.

However, you should really make sure you've checked the entry requirements, because it's generally advisable that you have one reach university, three targets and one safety.

Also, I want to stress that although I gave you the link for comparisons of universities, you shouldn't base your uni choices solely on the ranking, because you also need to look at other things such as the location of the uni (whether its in a city you think you'd enjoy), modules they offer, maybe extracurriculars etc. Of course you can decide which factors you value most and make decisions based on that.

Hope I helped!
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your support!! I will check it out !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending