The Student Room Group

From living at home to living out?

I am almost halfway through my course as I have already applied as living at home, but I would like to now change this to living outside of home, in London. What evidence do i need to provide for this in order to get this new status accepted and receive more for my maintenance loan?
Original post by princesstiger
I am almost halfway through my course as I have already applied as living at home, but I would like to now change this to living outside of home, in London. What evidence do i need to provide for this in order to get this new status accepted and receive more for my maintenance loan?

Hi princesstiger,

In order to qualify for the 'London Rate' of Maintenance Loan if you are living away from the parental home you must attend one or more of the following.(i) A course at the University of London; (ii) An institution which requires attendance at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District.You will not be required to send evidence with your change of circumstance, but you may be asked at a later date to provide proof of address if your account is selected at a later date for a sample check.

Thanks

Louise
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi princesstiger,

In order to qualify for the 'London Rate' of Maintenance Loan if you are living away from the parental home you must attend one or more of the following.(i) A course at the University of London; (ii) An institution which requires attendance at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District.You will not be required to send evidence with your change of circumstance, but you may be asked at a later date to provide proof of address if your account is selected at a later date for a sample check.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,
I attend university in Hertfordshire but live in London, and if i live out it will be in london, so will i qualify for the london rate?
Original post by princesstiger
Hi Louise,
I attend university in Hertfordshire but live in London, and if i live out it will be in london, so will i qualify for the london rate?

Hi princesstiger,

Unfortunately you would not qualify for the 'London rate' as your university is not in London. But you would qualify for the living away from home rate.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending