The Student Room Group

I need some career advice please! (Year 12)

I'm a year 12 student currently doing my A-Levels in psychology, sociology and biology. I'm one of those people who are really far behind in terms of career planning - some people already know what job they want, which uni they are aiming for whereas I'm the complete opposite.

I'm engrossed by crime, serial killers and all that kind of stuff (without trying to sound naive or glorifying them). I'd love to work within that field although I don't know what opportunities there are. I also need to do a 2 week work experience placement in July!

I'm a very silent person who tries to avoid human contact, although I'm aware that it's part and parcel of life and I'll have to face it. I'm independent and quite intelligent too.

Thanks
Original post by Traore
I'm a year 12 student currently doing my A-Levels in psychology, sociology and biology. I'm one of those people who are really far behind in terms of career planning - some people already know what job they want, which uni they are aiming for whereas I'm the complete opposite.

I'm engrossed by crime, serial killers and all that kind of stuff (without trying to sound naive or glorifying them). I'd love to work within that field although I don't know what opportunities there are. I also need to do a 2 week work experience placement in July!

I'm a very silent person who tries to avoid human contact, although I'm aware that it's part and parcel of life and I'll have to face it. I'm independent and quite intelligent too.

Thanks

Maybe think about jobs?

Police.
Lawyer.
Prison officer.
Criminologist.
Probation officer.
TV script writer.
Bounty Hunter.
Spy.
Forensic scinetist.
MI5/ MI6.
Psychiatrist.
Reply 2
Not sure what you are asking exactly, but presumably you’re considering a career in criminal law?

Perhaps get in touch with high street law firms to get some experience and see if it is for you?

I wouldn’t worry too much about not knowing exactly what you want to do, the chances are your views will change going forward anyway...

I’d just focus on getting the best grades you can to give you the most options going forward.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Maybe think about jobs?

Police.
Lawyer.
Prison officer.
Criminologist.
Probation officer.
TV script writer.
Bounty Hunter.
Spy.
Forensic scinetist.
MI5/ MI6.
Psychiatrist.

I'd want a job that places me highly as I feel that it rewards my hard work (without being arrogant).

From this list I can rule out:
Police.
Lawyer.
Prison officer.
Criminologist.
Probation officer.
TV script writer.
Bounty Hunter.
Spy.
Forensic scinetist.
MI5/ MI6.
Psychiatrist.

I need to look into the other careers in more detail, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending