ATM55
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys! This is my first post as a host, so I hope it's in the right category.

I thought it would be a good idea to start A group tevision chat,as some of us work or revise as a group.
Feel free to join even if you aren't doing the same topics as myself, it might be more beneficial

My aim is to get an B/A, and I thought perhaps it might be helpful to have a few fellow students join me! We can give revision advice, set up time slots for 'study groups' where we can revise together, so we have an allocated time everyday to keep our revision on track , give particular tips in relation to History revision, and/or share resources etc.

The topics that I'm doing is : Democracy and Nazism: Germany 1918-1945 and Tudors henry vii to Elizabeth i (1C)
Wilki1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think we are with AQA. We do the Soviet Union, German Democratic Republic, Britain’s experience of warfare and the coursework is American 20th century. I’d definitely be interested if this becomes a thing.
Sid The Kid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyoo, I'm doing the same topics as well.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m an OCR History student, is this acceptable to join in with? 🤔
I do the Holocaust for my coursework
The Witchcraze, Russia 1894-1941 and the late Tudors (Edward, Elizabeth, Mary) which are slightly different but, still similar.
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I'm also doing The Tudors and Germany: 1918 - 1945. I'd gladly join a revision group.
Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ATM55)
Hey guys! This is my first post as a host, so I hope it's in the right category.

I thought it would be a good idea to start A group tevision chat,as some of us work or revise as a group.
Feel free to join even if you aren't doing the same topics as myself, it might be more beneficial

My aim is to get an B/A, and I thought perhaps it might be helpful to have a few fellow students join me! We can give revision advice, set up time slots for 'study groups' where we can revise together, so we have an allocated time everyday to keep our revision on track , give particular tips in relation to History revision, and/or share resources etc.

The topics that I'm doing is : Democracy and Nazism: Germany 1918-1945 and Tudors henry vii to Elizabeth i (1C)
SAME!. I'd love to join a group chat to discuss AQA History. But on what platform?
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ATM55)

Hey I'm also doing History A-Level. I'm currently doing Tsarist and Communist Russia, and we also do the Making of Modern Britain, and the French Revolution.

How is everyone finding History so far? I'm finding it alright, it's just a lot to remember. But the actual essays are going fine.
BubblegumPops
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would love to join in! I'm doing making of modern Britain and Russia in the age of enlightenment and absolutism.
maddddddie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have any good acronyms for tackling the modern history source essay? (as in to remember to include tone, language, audience etc) I'm so bad at them lols
StatsGuru
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maddddddie)
Does anyone have any good acronyms for tackling the modern history source essay? (as in to remember to include tone, language, audience etc) I'm so bad at them lols
WOW - You are one fit predator!
StatsGuru
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maddddddie)
How about TALL:

T-Tone
A-Audience
L-Lnaguage
L-Lubrication
maddddddie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StatsGuru)
How about TALL:

T-Tone
A-Audience
L-Lnaguage
L-Lubrication
lubrication?? and I'll take fit predator as a compliment i think??
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye I'm doing Nazi Germany too, as well as The Stuarts 1603-1702, my recent snapshot for history wasn't the best (working at an E?!!) so any tips or help we can give to one another would be awesome
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could I remind all members on this thread that off-site communication is NOT permitted.
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Could I remind all members on this thread that off-site communication is NOT permitted.
Is that a joke?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Assembly)
Is that a joke?
This isn’t a joke because in the terms and conditions page: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_cat it clearly states that advertising is not allowed. Also off-site communication is not allowed because IIRC the Community Team was forced to intervene in serious cases relating to off-site communication. I hope you understand.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
I’m an OCR History student, is this acceptable to join in with? 🤔
I do the Holocaust for my coursework
The Witchcraze, Russia 1894-1941 and the late Tudors (Edward, Elizabeth, Mary) which are slightly different but, still similar.
for holocaust are you covering intentionalist, structuralist forms of histography etc?

(Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
Hey I'm also doing History A-Level. I'm currently doing Tsarist and Communist Russia, and we also do the Making of Modern Britain, and the French Revolution.

How is everyone finding History so far? I'm finding it alright, it's just a lot to remember. But the actual essays are going fine.
we can discuss on french revolution if you're interested. i can create a thread on it in the history section on this forum and tag you. im sure more people will join in if they see the thread title. what say you?
seph_muriel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone knows where I can find AQA history specification with answers please? I'm doing Tudors and American Civil war ☺
ATM55
Rep:
?
(Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)

I'm finding it difficult espically with writting source essays or essays in general and it is a lot to remember
ATM55
Rep:
?
https://oyc.yale.edu/history
https://oyc.yale.edu/NODE/161

^^^ Open Yale lectures for history.....its really good in Tudor Religion and other stuff 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed